Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
About Siege weapons, birds, wind, UnderWaterMonsters, and...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Leustenia
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes there are beautiful thougts adn i have a few ideas.

# How about a creature or many that shot arrow or with teath aor something, to use our protection for arrov more becouse only the theafs have Bows and crosboes but i hink this is not enoutgh, and of course the Shaman orc have range atack thats' all. And in Gothic 3 i hope to se some more creatures with range atack.
# How about in G3 to have shield and protect us from some things,like fire,bolts, and some magic if it is necesary. But to ware a shild require much strength and be rary.
#In g3 it will be nice to make emplys like Biff in act V but to put on him our wepons and armour and shild like we give him heling potion we can give him wepons bougth by us
# If you need to be realistic, then you known better that a paladin can not swim with his armour and other heavy stuff, so i propose that when we want to swim to have a amont of Kg to ware unles we want to go au the bottle of the lake!
# I lige that in G3 to have where to buy a portable tent and have rest whene is nigth and we are in the forest, and make some defend system against the creatures on the forest, and the creatures do not necesary have a certain place to stay to be more randomly where the stpo folow us.
# An Ideea that sounds fulish maby but becouse the sky in the nigth is soo beautiful i propose that in G3 should be a true constelation adn we will be able to know where we are going guiding just from the stars, somethings like that, in the nort i presume, the constelation of orion and things like that..... and we should have quests with that , for examplse to go on a certain place but it is not indicated on the map so we should folow the stars, adn of cours if we will be able to lern ASTROMICAL from the mages, like other things like PICKLOKS from......... , we will be able to reachthat destination. how sounds that ? is it too far away?

In name of Adanos I salute you all

Excse my bad english but im far away from America
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:26 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

one problem with that, PB would have to make up their own constellations, give us a book to identify them, make them more noticeable than the other stars, and add a whole new skill

and btw does anyone know when a patch is coming for the uk version?
Post Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:36 pm
tuidjy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm...

Guys, last time I checked, the night sky did have constelations,
and they seemed to be constant. The planet also rotates, as it
should, which makes finding your way a bit harder. I never
bothered to look for a 'North star', because the map does a
perfect job at giving you your direction, but the existance of
a star like this is not garanteed. Basically, you need to be
resonably far away from the closest pole, and the planet's axis
has to point at a star which is easy to locate in the night sky.

Now you will make me check as soon as I get home
Post Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:29 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

THANKS YOU, EVERYONE!!!

It is shame that I leave this forum for about one week, so I did not see your posts. All your posts are very good suggestions to P.B., I like them very much!

Now I got some other suggestions:

About all the plants in the world.

It will be much better if our hero could use his melee weapons to ‘cut off’ some of the plants (even trees) that are in front of him, because in Gothic2 there are too more plants in the forest and they block our sight. Well, I do not mean that there should not be lots of plants in Gothic3, but if we could do something to the plants around us, just like in the realistic world, it will be fine. If we could cut off some trees, maybe we could make some use of that ------ for instance, use the falling trees to attack the foes that are around our hero… And, the plants we hurt could be renewed by themselves. Maybe there will be some new parts of them grow out from the original body everyday, after about up to 8 days, the tree we cut off will be completely renewed. Well, the same thing will happen to those useful plants like healing herbs. For more details, if we use a sword to hurt a tree, there will be some nicks on them, if we use a hammer to do that, the scar will like a hole…

If we spell rain of fire, all the plants within the radius will be on fire, burning, then became ashes; if we use wave of death, the magic power will perish all the plants within its radius… then, after some days (a little longer than 8 days), there will be new plants on the area.

I know this means that P.B. will have to make models of every single plant in the world, it will require much higher hardware requirement than Gothic2, but our fanatics will manage to do that! Think of lots of us upgrade our memory to 1GB to play Gothic2 while the basic requirement is only 256MB… Even if P.B. do not want to do that in Gothic3, I hope they would consider it in Gothic4!

The second one is related to the water effect.

I guess P.B. would add some ripples on the lakes, it will be very nice! But, please, keep the mirror-liked lake face in Gothic3. I mean, maybe they could add some wind in the world, if there is wind blowing, the lakes will have ripples, otherwise we could still enjoy the mirror-liked lake face (Believe me, it is amazing and very peaceful, I love it!).

About weapon, armor and magic

If our melee weapons could make some nicks on enemies’ armors, it will be great, and our foes could do the same thing to our hero’s armor ----- but the armor protection will not reduce due to the nicks on them. I mean, if the player love the nicks on their armor, they can keep and enjoy the nicks, otherwise they could repair their armor, but there will not be a situation that our hero cannot wear his armor due to the too more nicks on it.

If our armor is being attacked by rain of fire, some adust parts will appear on it; if the armor is attacked by wave of death or breath of death, it will lose some luster due to the magic effect. But the protection will not reduce. (And our hero could do some damage to rocks and walls by using melee weapon and magic.)

In Gothic1 and Gothic2/AddOn, we can only hit one target that is in our focus with our melee weapon, but it is not realistic if there are a group of orcs around and attacking our hero. Yes, if our hero blow his sword in a circle, all the foes within the weapon range will get hurt, please fix that.

Finally, I hope you consider developing a secret seventh circle of magic which belongs to Innos in Gothic3!

(Hope you like my new ideas .)
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:36 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have a hunch PB will be using Code Creatures gaming engine. It fits well with the 'World of Gothic' and countryside that can be produced with this engine is simply breath taking. If that is the case you all better start saving your money for a kick butt system. I down loaded the Codecreature bechmarking tool and ran it on my system and it beat the **** out of my card…a 256mb GFX 5600. There was a lot of talk about this engine a while back and I made a comment once about PB using the CC engine and Jaz said something relative to “No Comment”. For a second there, I thought he was running for office.

Sylvio
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:10 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

We agree on this count, Ragnar!

To be frank, I never thought we could enjoy the third game with a completely pleasurable frame of mind, due to the economy factor. But I hoooope all we cost will be worthy!
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2