View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

started tp play gothic again, but... *spoilers*

*contains spoilers*

so, as the topic name says, i have started to play gothic again. (i got my hands on NotR ) but im having a few problems that i didnt have earlier.
i joined up with the mercenaries and went in to the old colony, i fixed the ore problem and on the way out i came across that seeker.. and damn he was hard i remember the first i encounterd him, was no big deal, but now.. i did like 2 mm damage to him :O i only managed to beat him using a warg transformation. so there i was, the world swarming with seekers and i couldnt beat one.. i am confused because i am sure that i beat the seekers with no trouble the last time. anyway, i desided to go to the expansion world. (that was a really cool place) the monsters in the expansion was weaker so i had a good time in the expansion world and after it was finished, and i got the sword, i went back to the old world.. now i could bring down a seeker with ease, so was i simply to low lvl to be in the colony, or is the seekers harder now with the expansion?

and how to kill dragons?? i didnt remember having any probs with them when i played without the expansion, but this time i had to use lame tactics like summoning a deamon to kill the dragon for me.. or cast fear on it. so what lvl would you recommend to have before you can kill the dragons?

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

NOTR is alot harder. Creatures are stronger, you are weaker, and exp. points are harder to come by. NOTR forces you to specialize your character and spend LPs wisely. You can't be a jack-of-all-trades anymore. Well ya can, but the game will be extremely tough if you play it that way.

As you have seen, the seekers are no joke in NOTR, neither are dragons. Now you have to be creative to kill them without bleeding like Niagra Falls. And in case ya did'nt notice, the dragons regen health very quickly now. Unfortunately you can't attain enough levels to easily kill a dragon now. You either have to summon or get help of some kinds.....or be prepared for a very long and bloody battle.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

ahh, so that why, good. i thought it was me who gotten worse

i think i was around lvl 30, around 80% in 2-h weapons, the claw of beliar and the rest in str. and my first tacktic against the dragons was. Hit it, once im about to die run away, pot up my hp, and back at it... to bad the dragon had regenerated my silly damage and killed me

oh, and btw: is it worth spending hitpoints in the claw of beliar?? or should i just train up my str and get something better?

Try this great game now!
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:35 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The Claw can be nice to use in close situations where a bow is difficult, but I wouldn't put much into it just to take out the dragons. The dragons fall nicely (IMO too easily) to bow or crossbow fire. I'm to the point where I'm about to swear off using bows on dragons in all future replays, just to make it interesting.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:06 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

well, about the claw.. how may times can you upgrade it? if i keep upgrading it can it get better than the 2-handed ore dragon slayer? (or whatever its name was) i need like 50 more points in str before i can use it.. and it seems so far away.. 20lp for 5str...

Try this great game now!
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:43 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I know what you mean. It costs a small fortune to up your stats by the time you're doing the Dragons. There is some help for this though.
Don't want to give anything away, but let me ask 2 questions.

1). You DID learn how to read those stone tablets didn't you?
2). And hopefully you DID hang on to them for a rainy day, right?

Nuff said!
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:55 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

1, yes i know how to read them...
2, nope but i have only found 2 with str points..

anyways.. im not at the dragons anymore, im not sure what to do next really.. i have been to the library and i now have the heavy dragon hunters armor. but to get 160 str i need to lvl up like 8 lvls, i cant get 8 lvls by killing mobs, so maybe im not supposed to have the dragon slicer or the heavy ore dragon slayer before the halls of irdorath.. (iŽll guess thats where im going next)

Try this great game now!
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:18 pm
Fnoop
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Taxen0
ahh, so that why, good. i thought it was me who gotten worse

i think i was around lvl 30, around 80% in 2-h weapons, the claw of beliar and the rest in str. and my first tacktic against the dragons was. Hit it, once im about to die run away, pot up my hp, and back at it... to bad the dragon had regenerated my silly damage and killed me

oh, and btw: is it worth spending hitpoints in the claw of beliar?? or should i just train up my str and get something better?

I had the same problem when I faced the first Seeker in NotR. Icouldn't beat him either but then I used a Shadowbeast transformation because he slayed me with three fireballs. Anyway, seekers are one of the toughest beasts in NotR so don't worry. Gorax can sell you Belt of Magical Defence that will give you 10 magic damage protection, that helps a bit.
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:34 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Taxen0,

Just to be sure your original question has been answered, I believe you can improve the Claw every time you level up. Each improvement (as a weapon, not the Mage runes) will cost 5 out of your 12 new hit points for that new level.

As for getting enough strength for the Dragon Slicer, you really have to pull out all the stops and get everything you can for extra strength: make and find potions, stone tablets, pray at the Innos shrines, use magic items (amulets, rings, belts) and wisely spend your LPs. It won't be easy, but I believe it can be done before Ch 6.

Generally, though, you don't really need that much strength, since as a Paladin you can get a twice consecrated Holy Sword and Dragon Hunters can learn to make fancy Ore weapons. These can get you to high damage levels without requiring a super high strength.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:46 pm
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

ok, i finished the game now, after the final dragon i had 159 str... i needed 160 to use the dragon slicer or the twohanded ore dragon slayer. so, yeah it possible to get to use them before ch6, i used my str potions (those i found and made) and stone tablets to early. now afterwards i think that i would have put 10% of my twohanded skill into str and used the ore dragon slayer to compensate for those 10%.

thanks everyone for helping me out, and i think im gonna try to get the claw as soon as possible (as low lvl as possible) and then keep upgrading it, just to see how good it can get.

Try this great game now!
Post Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:56 pm