The Night of The Raven questions and Weapons
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
okiller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Night of The Raven questions and Weapons

Hi to everybody i'm just beginning to play the addon and i'm really entusiasthic about almost all news in the game but there are anything i do not understand or maybe it's a bug in my version, the problem is with the weapon i'm in the first chapter and i have meet various weapons that do 140 dmg and requires 140 strenght or 95 dmg and 90 strenght..(like Bartok's Machete, aye i beat him) but it's not stupid? if I'm 140 strong why i should use a dmg weapon140? Then ihow i'm supposed to use a weapon like that in the first chapter...and moreover why Carl the smith train my strengh only to 30 with a 1 ap for 1 strenght and then doubles the cost so that for getting 5 str pt i have to spend 10 ability points, even if i had no chose any guild at this point? There is anybody there who can answer me pls?
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:21 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Why do you think that just because you find a weapon in a certain Chapter, that you're supposed to be able to *use* it in that Chapter?

That was never true for regular Gothic 2 and its not true for the addon.

And the numbers are correct. The addon has increased the strength requirements for a lot of weapons.

Just don't worry about it and keep playing the game. You will find plenty of stuff that you can use at your current abilities.
Post Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:13 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Training Strength, Fighting, Dexterity, Mana becomes more expensive as you get better in that skill:

0-30: 1 LP per point
30-60: 2 LP per point
60-90: 3 LP per point
90-120: 4 LP per point
>120: 5 LP per point

But there are much more bonusses so in most cases you won't have to train it higher than 90 and then with bonusses you can still reach >200 (for strength in this case). Fighting only needs to be trained to around 70% to reach 100% with bonusses.
Post Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:29 am