Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Chapter two, question about order of completion.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Chapter two, question about order of completion.

I am in Chapter two. I am in Port Last and have received almost every quest possible, I think. (That was my intention, btw.)

In this chapter you can go in all four directions from the Port. For my first quest I chose to go to Neverwinter Woods. So, I did all the quests there, including The Spirit Of The Wood and I went back to chat it up with Lady Aribeth. It seems I could go on to Chapter three now, but I won't of course.

My question is this:

Have I messed anything up by going to NW Woods first? It feels like this should have been the last quest I did. Or at least I shouldn't have spoken to Lady A and Aarin. He won't tell me any more of his story now.

Am I screwed? Should I go back and finish other quests before I talk to Lady A? Or am I allright?

Thanks in advance!

Loves ~T
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:22 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

No, you're not screwed at all! There's no "correct" path of how to go about the game. Just go wherever you like and do whatever you want, and you'll know when it's time to proceed to the next chapter. Even if you wanted to go to chapter3 now, you wouldn't be able to cause every "big" area has its own purpose...
May your adventures reward you!
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:35 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Thank you very much!

May I ask another question?

Does Wanev ever talk to you after you "almost" beat him to death? Or do you just kill him and move on?

Thanks ~T
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:11 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Wanev is who? Isn't he one of the werewolf boys? If so, you're done with him as long as you've gotten credit for curing him with the priest.

Just to expand on Kragor's answer- you'll need to go to Port Laast as the "north branch" of chapter two, but you won't be able to get into the town itself until you're done with all your chap 2 duties. No need to worry about breaking the module...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:27 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Excelelnt! Thank you for the clarification.

Wanev is one of the gem bearers for a quest. He has a gem, Setara has a gem and someone else has one. He has a house in town that when you get into it you find out about his tower and that he's a magic type person. I found his tower and have killed evrything there but after meeting him he never said to stop killing him. I disabled my henchman just in case and still I killed him. This would be nothing but after I go through the protal and kill everything then close the portal my log says: This would be a good time to go to Wanev and see about the reward for closing the portal.

Which led to my question and the main one as well.

BTW, dte, Thank you.

Loves ~T
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:14 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I remember that jerk now. I ended up killing him before I even got the gem quest. Better yet, I got to him thru his tower, rather than thru his house like I think the designers planned. You can still complete the quest if Wanev is no longer with the living.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:23 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Yeah, I thought so. I'v tried talking to him before killing him several times to no avail.

Who cares! I have his gem and the portal is closed.

I'm moving on!

BTW, answer my PM question!

Loves ~T
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:02 pm