Falling trough floor bug... :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Falling trough floor bug... :)

Have anyone but me experienced falling trough the floor when your inside a buidling? Then you lands on the floor again... strange bug
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:34 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

My acrobatics skill, being so high, I seem to fall through floors and getting lodged into bridges and walls left and right. I find my self using divine intervention every day to get out of some weird bug that I jumped into. I have done some weird thing where I fell through the floor of a dungeon and was able to run all the way to another town, from underneath looking up and everything. Of course there was no way I could get out but I was just amazed that I can walk all the way to the other side of the mainland here.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:39 pm
Laralyn

Alternate way to get out

Someone posted this elsewhere, and I find it very helpful because I, too, am an acrobat and I get stuck in weird places. If you press the tilde (~) key to open the console, you can then type "fixme" without the quotes to have the game move you to a non-stuck location.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:42 pm

TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Yeah. I get that crap all of the time as well. It is especially bad on steps. I think it has to do with moving so fast.

I wouldn't waste spells on trying to fix it though. Just go to the console using the ~ key and use the fixme or tcl command.

fixme will just move you to a nearby spot and maybe fix the problem; maybe not. Repeast if necessary.

tcl will disable collision and allow you to walk/fly in any direction. After you get out of the jam just enter the tcl command again to go back to normal. Follow this up by entering ra to reset the npc's incase any of them walked through walls as well.

note: If you don't like to use the console because you are against cheating, think of it this way. It is not cheating at all. If the game was working as it should you would never get stuck like this in the first place. This game is so Bug Ridden they should just include a "Fix Me" button to be programmed as a gaming key.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:47 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It's my favorite bug. Fortunately, it's only one of two I've found. Guess I'm lucky.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:59 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yeah I fall through the floor ALL the time. I was thinking that it was happening to no one else on this forum because when I posted it all I got was flames calling me an idiot and saying it was my system. I guess they were just fanboys.

I sure would like to know how someone's system config could make you fall through a floor in the game.

Anyway, it only seems to happen after I land from a running jump. As soon as I fall through it teleports me back up to the ground again. Only once has it actualy killed me from doing that.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:13 pm
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, this has happened to me (only once). It gave me Daggerfall flaskbacks.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:29 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

for me it was pretty much the same, after a jump on the stairs i would fall down and sort of respawn near the place of my fall.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 10:09 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I use to get stuck in stuffs im running by ALL the time! I didn't know about the "fixme" command. What does it realy do?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 1:55 pm
Nim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

~fixme

It moves you upward by a set amount. Usually, it's enough to get you out of whatever object you're stuck in.

If you actually fall through the floor, then you'll fall for a ways and then (when you fall past the 'bottom' of the world) you'll get put back where you started, more or less.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 2:30 pm
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

In 100 hours of gmaeplay this bug has only occured once on my computer, in the Vivec Fighters' Guild, right by the orc who gives out quests, no apparet reason either

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 22, 2002 5:54 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

It doesnt happen much unless you jump around a lot.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 5:57 pm
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I jump everywhere, that's how i travel, i have been trying to boost my acrobatics

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 22, 2002 5:59 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Ah. It has only happened to me once outdoors. Happened countless times indoors though.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:00 pm

Same thing here. I fall through the floor pretty regularly. It didn't start happening until my acrobatics skill and speed reached a certain point. Looks like over zealous collision detection forgiveness. You're moving so fast on impact that the numeric boundaries aren't breaking out of the momentum cycle. Outside areas seem to have an error correcting plane that resets you to ground level. (attempts to fix the symptom are welcome if not ideal) Indoors I seem to just fall and die.

To TES: Daggerfall fans.

It's a damn site better than walking on TOP of those lousy randomly generated dungeons for hours on end. Though it was a bit fun initially. heh

Sindau the Heavy
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next