Fun things to do in Gothic 2 with the console
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Fun things to do in Gothic 2 with the console

After my break from going to these forums, I have been suprised by the lack of inventivity of the community in exploiting the console and its powers. Here's a few things to do once you've beaten the game with the console activated.

1. Make a 'vendor' by posessing a merchant, inserting some valuable items you'd like to buy (i.e. king's sorrels, ore nuggets, steel billets, lab water bottles, lockpicks and such) and duplicate them by exporting the vendor as a zen file, dropping the stuff, importing the zen file, picking up the stuff, exporting the zen file, and repeating.

2. After doing this, buy the ingredients for 100 odd strength potions and brew them. After drinking them, go insert a few black trolls providing you have some decent melee skills and see how many hits they can take before they drop.

3. Hit F9 to freeze the game and insert a dozen orc elites or orc warlords next to Valentino in Coragon's pub.

4. Get the black troll hide for Raoul, beat it out of him, sell it to Bosper, and insert half a dozen orc elites to kill him so you can take it back.

5. Hit F8 and k repeatedly to travel places quickly.

6. Insert a troll in the marketplace, and during the fight knock down Daron and take the deathball rune. Get to 6th circle of fire with the character helper and fry him with it.

7. Posess a Paladin in the castle and have him attack Kereloth. Reposess yourself and watch the fight. When it's over, use oblivion scrolls as neccesary (you bought a couple from your vendor, didn't you?) and do it again with someone else.

8. Steal Lobart's work clothes and walk up to him. Refuse to give him the clothes back, and use an oblivion scroll on him. Offer to buy the clothes, and he'll mention something about how you already have them, but he still offers them to you. He'll even sell them to you and tell you to go back to his now-empty chest.

9. Forge a Large Ore Dragon Slayer and drop it. Focus on it and type 'edfo' and hit enter to edit it. Change the flag number to 34818, and now you have a one-handed Large Ore Dragon Slayer. Even better than the two-handed variant.

10. Change an immortal persons flag such as Sylvio's (Ch. 1 and 2 only) from 2 to 0 using the technique above and kill him. Watch and see what happens to him in Ch.4.

That's all I remember for now, but I know there's a couple other fun things I've done that I've never mentioned.
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Another nice idea:
Insert 50 Army of Darkness scrolls, activate god mode, jumo down the castle wall and use the scrolls.
300 (or 150 ? I don´t remember.) skeletons versus the Orc army - what do you think, is it enough ?
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:43 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

nice tips must be fun the undead vs the orcs
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:43 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I've done the Army of Darkness thing using the level (6?) rune and a bunch of mana potions in Ch. 4. before. I prefer using the Deathbolt I got off of Daron, it kills Orc Elites in 3 shots for 15 mana.
Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:42 pm
Admiral Nelson
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Whats the console command for inserting ore?
Post Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:20 pm