Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowacked: annoying main-plot bugs and mishaps.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
The BortiiS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Morrowacked: annoying main-plot bugs and mishaps.

You can kill Vivec and take the Wraithguard from him, then, take it to the last living Dwarf and have him jury-rig it for you.
He needs Kagrenac's Journal and Planbook to do this.

Won't work.

Just from regular exploration, I had found both items (as well as Kenning and Sunder).

When I killed Vivec and got the Wraithguard I went to the last living Dwarf, he told me to get the books.

I already had them.
So I talked to him again...HE ONLY REPEATED FOR ME TO GET THE BOOKS AND POSSIBLY WHERE THEY MIGHT BE.

ARGH!
I clicked on all the choices and got nothing new.

I HAD THE FRICKEN BOOKS!

STUPID-ASS GAME!

NOW, the only way to beat the game is if I run around all over the map seeing EVERY SINGLE IDIOT TRIBE AND HOUSE COUNCIL MEMBER to have them declare me Whore-ator or whatever the crap.

This is so stupid considering I already have the tools to destroy Dagoth Ur
anyways.
If I serve the Emperor, then it's not in the Emperor's interest for me to unite the Dunmer and free Morrowind from Imperial rule.
DUH!

SO, in order to bypass this obvious bug concerning the Last Living Dwarf and the Wraithguard (OH, and I WENT BACK TO THOSE DUNGEONS ANYWAYS JUST IN CASE TALKING TO HIM CAUSED THEM TO "RE-SPAWN"--nothing, it was just as I left it! CRAPPY-ASS QUEST BUGS!), I used the TES Editor and created a plugin giving me the Wraithguard.

The Moon-and-Star, I don't need it. I can kill Dagoth Ur just fine and see the "you win, you united the land, you are Nerevar! yay!"-final cutscene (I put it in for the hell of it, though) with Azura and all that (and get her pathetic, weak-ass ring too. I thought,"That's it?!").

UH, anyways, so the skies over Red Mountain are blue: Blue Mountain?

But there are still storms so I don't understand what all this "the skies are now clear! Yay!"-crap is. I went and talked to the wise woman and she's like,"Wow? The skies are really clear now over Morrowind! Great! Good time to live in!"-whatever, there are still ash-storms up the butt.
Yet, the "source" of them is just magically blue-y.
Is this a screw-up in the game?

Now that Dagoth Ur is destroyed: now what?
Kill everyone?
I think I'll go kill anyone who doesn't like me, like the Ordinators or Hlaalu or whoever.

I think I'll go back to Sedya Nyeen (or however it's spelled), to see if there is a boat there waiting to take me back to Daggerfall cuz things in Morrowind are gay.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:47 am
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, sorry that you don't like it.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:13 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Ya know, if you don't like it, you needn't finish it.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:43 pm
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I's like it if once you got tired of the game you could go back to syed need and get back on the boat. Doing so would make the game exit and the game would uninstall. How's that for a mod?
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:08 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

if i really get numb playing Mw, i always can relax do something, or play some other games & then someday i will back playing MW!, especially with new mods, new patch & all
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:42 pm
LLB
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As far as Wraithguard from Vivec, I didn't have any problems having the dwarf activate it.
One thing I found is that unless you have at least 230 health he will never activate it for you, since Wraithguard does 200-225 damage when first equipped.
I was left with only 27 health after equipping it, but I rarely get hit anyways, I just have to be more carefull.
I really like the way Vivec's Wraithguard looks, just like a Daedric Gauntlet.
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:13 pm
The BortiiS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Okay, more funny problems!

After I beat the game, and all, and saved it, everything was cool and all, right?

On a later day, I load up my saved game, and it appears my health is now 5!
ONLY 5 points?!
I had like 218 (note: I'll try going back to the Dwarf with more health points above 230 and all, BUT...well, just read on), now I only have 5?

This was not a "Damaged Health" thing or anything like that.
This was a permanent change, I tried using restore spells and all, nothing worked.
I tried using the console cheat, and it didn't work (I don't think any of the supposed cheats for this game actually work).

So much for my savegames! All my saved games where I beat Dagoth Ur were corrupted so that I only had 5 points left! I will have to go back and test beating it again with an older save, in fact, I think I did with the same results (I don't remember).

An any case, this blows!

AS FOR THE LAST-LIVING DWARF: an update:
Because of the problem I just mentioned about the 5pts of health, I decided to load a previous saved game where I was still in the Corpusarium with the dwarf.

Just for the heck of it, I talked to him again about the books...AND THIS TIME HE ACKNOWLEDGE I HAD THEM!
WTF?!
I tried EVERYTHING, all dialogue options and go nothing.
I don't play the game for a couple weeks, come back, and now he is acknowledging I got the books?

How the heck did that happen?
OH WELL, good enough for me! Now, maybe I can beat the game without cheating (hey, I had no choice, the game is buggy!).

ALAS, I immediately ran into ANOTHER bug with the Dwarf:
-He now says he will rig the Wraithguard for me using the books and tells me to come back in a day or so.
I come back in a day, and he says: COME BACK IN A DAY OR SO still!
WHAT?
So I come back a couple days later.
He still says the same thing!

And then I thought,"OH NO! NOT AGAIN!"
Another game-stopping dialogue-loop-freeze-thingy.

So, I leave, go do a couple things, come back, and he's still stuck saying the same thing!
I come back a week later, the same crap!

I created a new savegame hoping that maybe if I load it up, somehow the dialogue problem would be fixed: nope!

I think I am going to kill this Dwarf. In fact, I think I'm going to destroy all of Vvardenfell starting with this Dwarf.

I think I am going to make a mod, that actually creates a boat in Seyda Neen that takes me back to Daggerfall (or Wayrest or Sentinel, etc.) by causing Morrowind to exit and then automatically loading up Daggerfall (or Redguard, I still got that one too).

UGH!

That's okay, I'll just fix my messed saved games where I beat it, by using the holy Morrowind TES Editor to create a special magical item, like a bracelet or something, that's got something like a Fortify Health 250 or something with Constant Effect and all.

----------BAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!-------
SERIOUSLY, in all of this, I love this game (starting over with a new character for the heck of it).

Actually, I think it's kinda cool the situation with my "diminshed" hero!
Sort of like, he won this big battle, but comes away all messed up with max health only 5pts now!

Almost "realistic" in a way, in that my character is already majorily BAD-ASS and it hard to hit and kill. I'll just have to create a sort of magical relic (I don't need the editor, I could just enchant one) that my hero has to wear or he'll be all weak being stuck with only 5pts of health.

Like, he's just a normal, or super-weak guy now...but when he puts on his special armor or item: he's bad-ass again! But only as long as he wears it!
Sort of like Earthworm Jim, I suppose.
So, say he's in battle and it gets damaged or disintigrated, he's screwed!

PLUS, if I adventure enough, I might be able to regain some of those points naturally (MAYBE, I'd probably have to be like Level 150 or something, HAHAHAH!).

Or mabye I can create some special potions that Fortify Health points for 60 seconds or something.

Like Popeye, before he whoops some ass, he has to eat his spinach, except my dude will have to chug his potion or whatever.

PLUS, I destroyed the Heart of Akulakhan (however it's spelled) kinda differently than suppose to be done.
I think yer suppose to hit it with one weapon, like once, and then with the other five times, right?

WELL, each time, I did combos, in that I'd hit it with one a couple times, a few times with the other, then maybe a few times back with the first weapon, and did combinations like that (kinda to see if I can become a god too or something like that).
I wonder if that somehow cursed my guy to have only 5 health-points maximum now, if it's not just a game bug.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:44 am
The BortiiS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Okay, more funny problems!

After I beat the game, and all, and saved it, everything was cool and all, right?

On a later day, I load up my saved game, and it appears my health is now 5!
ONLY 5 points?!
I had like 218 (note: I'll try going back to the Dwarf with more health points above 230 and all, BUT...well, just read on), now I only have 5?

This was not a "Damaged Health" thing or anything like that.
This was a permanent change, I tried using restore spells and all, nothing worked.
I tried using the console cheat, and it didn't work (I don't think any of the supposed cheats for this game actually work).

So much for my savegames! All my saved games where I beat Dagoth Ur were corrupted so that I only had 5 points left! I will have to go back and test beating it again with an older save, in fact, I think I did with the same results (I don't remember).

An any case, this blows!

AS FOR THE LAST-LIVING DWARF: an update:
Because of the problem I just mentioned about the 5pts of health, I decided to load a previous saved game where I was still in the Corpusarium with the dwarf.

Just for the heck of it, I talked to him again about the books...AND THIS TIME HE ACKNOWLEDGE I HAD THEM!
WTF?!
I tried EVERYTHING, all dialogue options and go nothing.
I don't play the game for a couple weeks, come back, and now he is acknowledging I got the books?

How the heck did that happen?
OH WELL, good enough for me! Now, maybe I can beat the game without cheating (hey, I had no choice, the game is buggy!).

ALAS, I immediately ran into ANOTHER bug with the Dwarf:
-He now says he will rig the Wraithguard for me using the books and tells me to come back in a day or so.
I come back in a day, and he says: COME BACK IN A DAY OR SO still!
WHAT?
So I come back a couple days later.
He still says the same thing!

And then I thought,"OH NO! NOT AGAIN!"
Another game-stopping dialogue-loop-freeze-thingy.

So, I leave, go do a couple things, come back, and he's still stuck saying the same thing!
I come back a week later, the same crap!

I created a new savegame hoping that maybe if I load it up, somehow the dialogue problem would be fixed: nope!

I think I am going to kill this Dwarf. In fact, I think I'm going to destroy all of Vvardenfell starting with this Dwarf.

I think I am going to make a mod, that actually creates a boat in Seyda Neen that takes me back to Daggerfall (or Wayrest or Sentinel, etc.) by causing Morrowind to exit and then automatically loading up Daggerfall (or Redguard, I still got that one too).

UGH!

That's okay, I'll just fix my messed saved games where I beat it, by using the holy Morrowind TES Editor to create a special magical item, like a bracelet or something, that's got something like a Fortify Health 250 or something with Constant Effect and all.

----------BAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!-------
SERIOUSLY, in all of this, I love this game (starting over with a new character for the heck of it).

Actually, I think it's kinda cool the situation with my "diminshed" hero!
Sort of like, he won this big battle, but comes away all messed up with max health only 5pts now!

Almost "realistic" in a way, in that my character is already majorily BAD-ASS and it hard to hit and kill. I'll just have to create a sort of magical relic (I don't need the editor, I could just enchant one) that my hero has to wear or he'll be all weak being stuck with only 5pts of health.

Like, he's just a normal, or super-weak guy now...but when he puts on his special armor or item: he's bad-ass again! But only as long as he wears it!
Sort of like Earthworm Jim, I suppose.
So, say he's in battle and it gets damaged or disintigrated, he's screwed!

PLUS, if I adventure enough, I might be able to regain some of those points naturally (MAYBE, I'd probably have to be like Level 150 or something, HAHAHAH!).

Or mabye I can create some special potions that Fortify Health points for 60 seconds or something.

Like Popeye, before he whoops some ass, he has to eat his spinach, except my dude will have to chug his potion or whatever.

PLUS, I destroyed the Heart of Akulakhan (however it's spelled) kinda differently than suppose to be done.
I think yer suppose to hit it with one weapon, like once, and then with the other five times, right?

WELL, each time, I did combos, in that I'd hit it with one a couple times, a few times with the other, then maybe a few times back with the first weapon, and did combinations like that (kinda to see if I can become a god too or something like that).
I wonder if that somehow cursed my guy to have only 5 health-points maximum now, if it's not just a game bug.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:46 am
The BortiiS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OH CRAP (the double-post)!

OH CRAP!
Sorry about the double-post, that was an accident.
For some reason, when I clicked Submit, I got some kind of "Failure Sending Email"-message.
HUH?????
Then I checked the forum to see if my post went up okay and it didn't.
I waited and refreshed again, still nothing.
So I clicked to repost.
Still saw that it didn't go up and got the same funky error message.
SO then, I refreshed and clicked on the subject to repost this time, and saw that it was now up.
OOPS!
(but it was the forum's fault, nyah!)
Post Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:51 am
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

First...go back to the second of your double post and delete it.

Second, yeah there are some annoying bugs, but I've been playing crpgs for a long, long time and I just deal with the down sides.

Third, Loved your 'get back on the ship and head back to daggerfall'. I'm still laughing.

So, aside from the profanity (my kids read this board too), your's is the funniest rant I've read in a while.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:01 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

finished main quest?

Hi everyone,

I've killed off dagoth ur and heard that little speech from azura. Didn't expect much from vivic though i heard the "protector of the land" speech. Went back to the wisewoman who leads you on the trials and she doens't acknoledge that i'm done. Is there something else that i'm supposed to do?
Also, while vivic gave me wraithguard i didn't take any damage from equipping it.

elonin
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:31 pm