FAQ
Members
Usergroups
if your confused try this>>>
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

if your confused try this>>>

The very first mission you are given you should do first that is give a package to Cascius fellow. He will tell you to go join a guild basically so you can learn to play. At this point your time begins and you can choose many paths. Once you have gotten used to the game go back to this cassius fellow and talk to him further he will guide you in the story part of the game to the next few moves. If you have ever played everquest then you know you cannot do everything at once it is impossible and you will become overwhelmed instantly. My way is to focus on one goal at a time or one quest at a time rather than losing your mind the key is to focus on one thing at a time.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:06 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Spoiler. Moved to spoiler forum.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:55 am
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmmmmm..... I don't know who the Guest is but it looks like he's just trying to give his opinion of one way to get started.

Just wondering.....

What exactly do you consider a "spoiler" here?

Seems the spoiler board is getting inundated with things that aren't spoilers at all.

Last edited by Paldarion on Wed May 08, 2002 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:13 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

What?
Article where poster say what will happen in first quest isnt spoiler? And what is spoiler then?

Inundated? If all articles I moved here from MW/Gen forum are not spoiler, this forum still will be not inundated with them.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:30 pm
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I wasn't really trying to troll. I don't see where he tells you anything that is what I would call ac "spoiler." I guess our level of sensitivity is a bit different. Many of these posts are just opinions and don't "spoil" anything.

Yes, he briefly says something about taking the package to Cascius, but that is what you're given to do at the start - everyone is. So there's nothing to spoil. It's just his opinion that you should go ahead and do it.

Many of these posts strike me the same way. To be a spoiler, at least to me, something has to be divulged that enlightens you to some action, event, or consequences that you aren't aware of. Everyone knows they have a package for Cascius.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:46 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

We maybe have different sensitivity and we also maybe mean different things by term "spoiler".
We (mods) made decission that for this new MW forums will be spoiler everything that can spoil someone.
What I mean is that spoiling for us is not only "you will not have chance to solve something alone" but also "you will be not surprised".
Other thing that we do is that we think that spoiler in general forum is much worse that "not-spoiler" in spoiler forum.

But everytime you will meet not-spoiler in spoiler forum and you will think that I should move it into general or plug-ins forums, just send me PM with link to this post.
After you reach 100 posts you will have report button and it will be much easier to help us to keep this forums consistent.

Btw I agree when I read this post again that it starts as spoiler but doesnt contuniu as spoiler, so you are probably right.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:15 pm
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

At any rate, now that it is here I will chime in with my two cents worth.

I wouldn't be in any hurry to start the Blades quests - take your time and explore a little of the world and smell the roses, so to speak. There's plenty af wildlife, tombs, dungeons, and small, irrelevant quests you can do along the roads which equally help you learn the controls and get you a little better prepared with both funds and experience.

You don't HAVE to join a guild yet. You can check them out, do some errands for some of the members, get to know what they do and stand for. No hurry - do it at a pace you're comfortable with.

One thing I do agree with is to not get too many unsolved quests going at once. It can really trash your journal. At the moment I have a quest for the Blades, one for the Fighters and one for the thieves going. In addition, I am too much of a "good Samaritan" to not agree to help people I run across on the road, usually adding a quest or two to each trip.

But that's how I enjoy the game - it may not be yours. The beauty of Morrowind is that you CAN jump right in,or you CAN wait. It's up to you and what blows your skirt up, so to speak.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:20 pm
Dreadloch
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have played about 20 hours so far and have not started the Blades quests. Yeah, I agree about having too many lingering quests, but then considering the size of the map, I might forget to go back to get a quest when I just could have started it, made a note of it, and return later to finish it if I want.

I did have to go through my journal, though, and check out all the incomplete quests. I listed them by hand in my notebook at my PC, along with their page number in the journal. I think I will have to do this on a regular basis. My journal is so huge now, and the Topic Index really doesn't help since you need to know what the topic name is to get there. If there is a problem with gameplay I find the most annoying, it is having a chronological journal with a game of this size.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:30 pm

Journal Issues

I was thinking this same thing. The chronological order of the journal while perfectly acceptable and in character for the game, could certainly use some modern functionality like the ability to move journal entries around and possibly group and expand/collapse them.

I have a huge amount of open quests that are pages and pages deep. I also wish the journal would note not only who asked for something but where you were when they asked for it!

Regards,
Sindau the Anti-Registrant
-Vox et praeterea nihil
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:54 pm

Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would love to see a journal feature that lists completed quests and open quests. Gothic does it rather well.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:00 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

journal

I haave alot of quests in my journal and it does get confuseing, but i really like the feel of it. Maybe if the completed task entries were faded out (a little) or were written in a different color it would help. There are some entries that i wonder if more is comeing or not.

elonin
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:31 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

If you install Tribunal, the expansion, you get a new journal feature that distinguishes complete from incomplete quests, and you can filter out the complete ones -- pretty much like the journal in Divine Divinity. That feature alone makes the expansion worth it for me; I tend to accumulate dozens of quests, since I like to save them up so I can take care of several at once when I'm in a particular location.
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:22 pm
Malm
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmm I didnt know that..
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:07 am