How do I know if...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

How do I know if...

How do I know if I'm diseased? Is a diseased condition noted somewhere in your stat screens? The reason I ask is because two of my stats are colored red. I thought maybe an equipped item was causing it so I stripped naked.. but the stats remained red. Is it because I'm diseased?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:58 pm
Sage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You need to find a shrine that heals that stat. It may be hard to find but you will find it eventually.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:27 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm

So if a stat shows up in red that means you are diseased? Or is a stat being red in color indicate some other problem?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:40 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

A stat that shows up red means that that stat is drained, this may be because a disease or some other effect. If you are diseased you will see an icon in the lower right hand of your display (where all your spell effects are). Some monsters can drain abilities when they attack you. If your stat is red but you are not diseased then you can either find a temple or use a fortify potion for that ability to restore it.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:51 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

You know the little bar in your lower right section of your screen? That lists the bonuses and disadvantages of your character, it also lists every condition your char has, every active spell and disease.

You can identify these conditions by going into the display that lists all your skills and stats, there is a similar bar that lists the conditions. Just hover your mouse over the conditions and you will see what it means.

If you have a effect that affects your stats, it will be listed in that panel.

P.S. Bugs exist, I've had my strength down 40 points (stat was red) even without no conditions were effective. After I used "restore (stat)" spell things returned normal...
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:52 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm not entirely sure that that is a bug. If you are attacked by certain creatures, your stat(s) will be drained permanately until you restore it. It's not a disease or a spell effect (which are of limited duration).
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:58 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Hyperion, Hmm, I've been thinking that because if it was a bug it probably would not be curable by using the "restore (stat)" scroll/potion/spell.

I was very confused when I got hit by this for the first time, I reloaded a previous save game several times and *every time* after a while my personality was zero even I did not have any disease Then after a while I tried restore personallity spell and it worked well...

It sure was confusing as heck but I did manage it after all
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:05 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It most certainly should have been documented.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:21 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

... swiff... shfff.. browsing manuals ... hmm!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:31 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks guys!

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I started ignoring those little icons down in the lower corner of my screen... I'll pay better attention to them from now on!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 9:04 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

altars in mage guiilds will cure any permanent stat damage. Its usually a table with someone standing behind it. Just target the table and pay to pray.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 9:12 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Are there really altars in the mage guilds, or do you mean temples? Because it would be pretty sweet if I could recharge my astronach at a mage guild instead of hoofing to a temple every time.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:37 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In a lot of mage guilds (not all) there is. Just look for slabs of stone. Mages are rather irreverant, however, and it's hard to tell some of them are alters because they're cluttered with spellbooks, alchemy items, or even dinner plates and utensils.

The triangle shrine thingies are harder to cover up. Pretty sure I've seen those in the mage guilds at various places too.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:52 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

If your born under the Atronarch I find it better to just go to one of the priests in the Temple and ask for a blessing. They do it for free and I just absorb the whole spell. Usualy fills up my mana in one go.

Not much help in the wilderness though, I am still experimenting on how to make a restore magicka potion. (No one post the answer please, this isnt a spoiler thread!)
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:08 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Do Atronach absorb their own area effect spells like they (sorcerers) did in Daggerfall? Or do they blow themselves to kingdom come by letting loose a point blank maximum area fireball against a rat a half foot away?

Daggerfall was silly for that. Cast spells 24/7... just make sure you were in the blast radius, baby!

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:12 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next