Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uriziel,

O.k, it's your choice, i thought you were giving this quest your best shot?

It is truely a daunting task, only the most determined would have the true grit to stay with this.

What you say about the saves is correct but that is in the normal game, this hidden data is sitting idle, unused, waiting for the right trigger/s, then it comes alive, then and only then will you see the save game data.

The thoughts on marvin were only sugestive, i did spend months, no, years messing with all aspects of marvin, one things for sure, i didn't even know what marvin was when i first found the old man.

Thanks Uriziel for your input, no harm done.
Post Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:49 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Never take it wrong my friend.
You talk about true grit...I took the time to disassemble the code....that is at least a little bit of grit.
You talk about triggers, which is very true....but there are NO triggers for this event...........period. In fact now that I have played with the code, I can show you some things.....not easter eggs per se, but code that never gets activated.

There are calls to the FIRST mine you run across.....and calls to the mine above, were the molerat is. They had SOOOOOOO much more plannned for this game and did'nt get to do it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:58 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i made4 it to ch5 but i encountered a problem:

If I read book5 in ch5 and go in the tunnels I find the corpse
If I read book5 just before exiting the Free mine at the end of ch4 and go in the tunnels there is no corpse but i can't find anything else either:no fading door at the monastery no nothing!!!.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:33 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey Razer, that was the same for me, even in the notes/journal was not fully completed like when you find the corpse, i still have that save game, maybe continue - yes? but keep a permanent save game, you never know.
So if its the same in your game as in mine that could be a good sign, but as Uocjat would say ' i'm not so sure' ?
Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:02 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

HEY! what did i do and when did i say that ?
i happen to like this piace of info just now .. it aint much but its still something
and one might be able to put it to use
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Razer,
You will never see the fading door till you get the quest off the old man (i think)
@Uocjat,
Yes it is an interesting thread and it will be even more interesting when somebody finally solves this quest,.

I've just found the corpse again, aaarrgh - - i'll start a new game tomorrow (again)

*coundown* - - 12 days to go
Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:49 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I'll continue.Now I'm on my way to the Sleeper's temple.I hope that when I exit the temple things will look better.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:21 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Whoa I am super surprised that Wulf is still on this. I've been like mad into Halo 2 since I last played Gothic so I own on Halo 2 now. Anyway back to this thread, Wulf you took a huge beating from these "gentiles" I'd pat yourself if I was you. Well, I don't know how to take screenshots but I found out those stairs weren't really there my brother played a joke. So that's where the door will appear? Gee more to this than I would originally have thought of. Well I see there isn't much time till Christmas and I can't stay away from Halo 2 since its super addicting. I'm 100% sure no one will solve this by then.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:28 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Killerofevills II,

Nice of you to drop by

Your name was mentioned a few posts back, but have no fear, your o.k by me. I was aware of your impish ways from the outset.
Do you know that if it wasn't for you egging me on when you did, i might not have continued with this nightmare quest
Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:56 pm
rasmuslarsen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ehm.

What now?
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:28 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

we wait for Wulf to tell us what he know as he promised he'd do after x-mas
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:28 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

I can't reveal all just yet, although most of the extra bits have been mentioned recently.

I managed to get the "no-corpse" situation in ch-4 (free-mine, 1st exit) this is one transition *less* than previous tries, i have all the books, i had great expectations, i know from memory where the "opening" should be, there is a a pixel rendered joining just at that point, but alas, there was no "pixel spread" with visible opening, until i see that, i cannot get in, only then could i begin the dialogue with the old man which would enable the further quest triggers.

The deadline for wolverine_men's offer has passed, but that does not stop the search for this true cromanin, there are still many permutation methods yet to try, the quest continues by me that's for sure, this has to be solved, if only for the good name of "gothic"

Here is a recap of what we know is definate as per' wolverine_men.

1. Collect all the books.
2. No need for violence to solve majority of quests.
3. To see the old man alive, play as a human, not as an orc.
4. Stay in the old camp, dont "join" merc's,rogues, no need to impress the 4 baals.
5. Don't do tasks in old camp that you feel are "questionable"
6. "Happy hunting" could be a clue.
7. If you can't see something, it doesn't mean it isn't there!
8. The banished-one knows more than you think, "coax" him to reveal more info' - he knows the answer if you ask the right question.

There is one more clue, i am trying all possibilities with it, (won't say what just yet) will let you know the moment i find something important.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:19 am
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

well good luck wulf
I think most have become frustrated with the Chromanin quest (myself included). I hope your next try reveals something.
I also hope WM steps up because his deadline has come and gone.
Even if Chrom doesn't exist I would have no hard feelings because it gave me renewed reason to play g1 again and what a fantastic game it is. Just picking up gothic again made me play the diggers quest and now a kickboxing quest so no harm has been done.

So good luck to those still hunting and I do hope that the secrets or at least more descriptive clues will be given if a true alternate outcome hides within the world of Gothic.
later, rordog
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:37 pm
IGiveItToYa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well hello there guys each and evry one of u who follow this thread,i just registered and this is my first post
i've spent hour reeding and searching for this thread

First of all WUlf i must say that u got a strong determenation but i think u need some rest now here are my fact that came up

on the first post Wolve.Man say that when u find the guys he gives u some stuff and a spell scroll wich transforsm u into a demon lord ""Including one that can turn you into a demon lord.""thats what he said exactly now did any of u caame to think that ther is no such spell in the game i searched evry website with gothic cheats even translated german ones i also searched this website and nothing no mention of it so i can tell by that that WM played u all and i was laughing so hard since the begining of this thread

second Wulf u said that u saw the old man in the first days when u bought gothic or week if i can recall correctly and then u siad that the quest was added after a patch wich was some time later then the time u saw the old man so that dosent add up, how could u have seen or solved the quest if it wasnet even there

now Wulf from what i've read u seem like a smart and thinking man so my assuption is that either u and WM is the same person and try to get a laugh out of or that some of the ppl fell and belived WM statemant wich he was just trying to make us look like idiots while he was laughing at ur stupidity

now personally i'd love to see an alternative ending to the quest other thatn just a dead body and some skeletons ambousing me but i'm ceartain that, it dose not exist and if u(Wulf) or WM or anyone else finds it the u know what I GIVE IT TO YA BUT 3-4 years since gothic was relesed then some ppl more than at least 100 would have found the one and only STRANGER and would have put a pic or how to find him

so this what i have to say and i'm not trying to persude anyone who is searching for the quest to stop their search this is only my opinion wich i'm entitled to I AM DEEPLY SORRY IF I OFFENED U SOMEHOW IT'S JUST that i dont belive anything that i cant see and hear it with my own eyes(the above stastment only god and jesus seems to be the ppl witch i cant see or hear but i stiill deeply belive in)
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:15 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well you say that Wulf falls throughs his lies becouse he contradict himself but you are doing the same thing and admitting it. with the jezus thing. I don't say you are wrong or wright about the fact it is all a big hoax. But I keep hoping it is all true en someone can provve the evidence for an alternate ending
Besides if Wulf was posting under 2 accounts He would already got an warning and this topic would be closed by the moderators of this site. so you are also wrong at that point
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:37 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41, 42, 43  Next