View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Davey77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A little info please!?

Playing a paladin, just entered Ch. 3,

Q1 : I've read some walkthroughs,however have stayed away from any major spoilers. So without revealing too much, could someone tell me if there are any "untouchables" that I definately should not kill? I've read about a final journey,and how Bennett and others are on it. Are there some who you should not kill if you can help it?

Q2 : I have been eating dark mushrooms a lot for health, and after eating tons I got a +5 stat ( mana I think it was ). Is there a list of things that you can eat to gain permanent stats?

Q3 : I haven't used the prayers at the shrines yet. Is there a way to determine which stat you raise by praying? In past games I've noticed Str and HPs, but can you choose somehow?

Q4 : Can I get better armor before I'm officially a paladin? I still have only the light that was given to me when I joined the Militia.

Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 6:01 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Q1: You can't kill anyone important until all their quests are finished. After that you can kill some of them, but I don't kill any of the "main" characters anyway. Try not to kill Cor Angar.

Q2:50 dark mushrooms give a mana boost. Apples also give a boost. Other herbs you use to make potions, such as dragon root(str.), goblin berries(dex), and snapper root(speed) also give bonuses but you should save them to make potions if you can. Also save all the King sorrel you can find to make potions.

Q3:Prayer gives random things until you join a guild. After joining you'll get things helpfull for that guild, but it is hit-n-miss. Try saving before you pray. Reload if you don't like what you got......but be aware that after a certain number of prayers, you'll only get life from then on.

Q4: Not really..........but ya can cheat

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 9:51 am
Davey77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great info in your answers! Thx for takijng the time. Much appreciated!
Post Sun May 14, 2006 1:18 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Davey77

You can buy the heavy militia armor from castle's quartermaster in vom.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 8:04 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Also, be sure to donate money to the Fire Mage Daron in the market square of Khorinis. It's best to donate in 50 gold increments to get max effect. You can donate a total of 1000 gold to him to get bonuses.

For every 50 Dark Mushrooms you eat, you get a permanent Mana +5. For every 25 Apples you eat you get a permanent Strength +1.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Sun May 14, 2006 9:56 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
quote:
Originally posted by Davey77

You can buy the heavy militia armor from castle's quartermaster in vom.

Nice catch. I forgot about it since I never buy that armor anyway.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 2:48 am