Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
SG81
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm sure the publishers/developers can see the popularity of the Gothic series, and will put more thought into simultaneous localized versions, rather than their traditional ways of German first, English later.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:36 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The publishers don't see the popularity of Gothic series, and they prefer ****ing with english speaking fans.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:44 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

But there's no need to worry now,

It seams that Jowood is to release the English add-on after all.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:52 am
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

But when
Post Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yeah, I'm positive now that it will be released someday but a releasedate would be a lot better
Post Mon May 17, 2004 10:07 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah,

But we have "turned the corner" in this episode, and now with a green-light
"on" i would guess things will move forward fairly quickly.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 10:46 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i hope many ppl will buy it this time so the publishers will see that many ppl like it and gonna publish G3 real fast
Post Mon May 17, 2004 10:18 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

But look for instance when Gothic 2 English version came out in the UK first everyone in the US started buying the game especially methen when the game came out in the US less and less people were buying it so thats one reason that i think that Infogrames doesnt want to publish the English ADDON of Gothic 2..... because there werent that many sells in the US maybe????
Post Tue May 18, 2004 3:12 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well, those who wants to wait for the official release are welcomed, specially as the official release will have also full translated voice acting.

In the mean time, it looks like we'll finish the addon's translation this week!!!

Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:46 am
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

don´t think you´re doing any good to the gothic series

if you finish the addon translation, many people will play it and the official english addon version will loose a lot of sells

remember that gothic isn´t a very famous game, and if you have a game with not too much sells, you add the fact that addons always have less sells than the original game, and finally that there is a free english version of the addon with almost all the features that the official one have, then you´ll kill the addon sells before it ships

and in the long term it harms all the gothic series, cause the next time, they will take even more time to release it or maybe just will not do it again, cause the bad sells the english addon have

these are just a couple of thoughts i wanted to share with all of you guys, i´m not trying to blame anybody, buy don´t think you´re doing any good to the community with this work, everybody should wait to the official english version now that we know for sure that is going to be released in a couple of months
Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:15 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

well, you're not right! and in fact, this kind of attitude lead to what's happening these days with gothic series: by not taking attitude towards this game's publisher.

we didn't said anything to the publishers for the looong time it took them to translate the game, we didn't do anything for the lack of their repsonse when we asked for addon's status for all these months, we didn't do anything when we saw the old gothic 2 trailer presented at E3 as addon's movie, and now we should wait patient for them to just SAY exactly when the addon will be released... do this in the future too, and all you'll do in fact is to say them "we don't care how bad you will treat us, you can do whatever you want, we'll still accept it!"

look at M$ and their Halo game policy. I'm sure you don't want the same thing to happen to gothic too.

and on the other hand, if people respects a game, they will buy it no matter what, even if they will have already played it in a cracked/hacked/subtitled only version, they'll still buy the official final voice acted version when it will be out (IF it's a good game).

so, as a conclusion, i'd rather say that YOUR kind of attitude is the one which really harms this game. isn't it?!!
Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:29 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

oh, and also forgot to tell you, that this translation mod won't mean the addon game won't be buyed, because it WILL require you to have the german addon too. And you only can take that by buying it, right?!!

so, the only thing it will do is to shift a part of the sells from the future english addon to already published german one...

and don't pretend is our fault that it came to this, because is not. it's gothic publisher's fault!
Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:48 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Now now, calm down boys...

I presonaly dont think the fan Translation will harm anything. The only people who are going to go through the trouble of getting the German version and applying the fan mod are the Uber fans (Us). The Uber fans will also buy the official translated version so that they can get the English voices aswell, even if they already have a fan mod.

The only people who wouldnt buy the official version are the people who either dont know, or dont care about Gothic, and these people probably wont take the time to try the fan mod either.

The bottom line is:

Anyone who likes Gothic enough to go to the extra effort to play Fan translation will buy the official version aswell...
Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:51 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i partially agree with you

but the main "bad guy" here is atari

atari is the one who had the rights of night of the raven, and atari was the one who did not answer any of the fan´s questions and was the one who should have done it

jowood has already showed that is not happy at all with atari´s behaviour and has already started to search another international publishers, so i don´t think jowood should pay for it

the other thing i don´t understand is why other games like spellforce (also from jowood) have a so fast international distribution. Who distributed spellforce??? don´t remember now, jowood should work with this publisher more in the future

with your translation mod some people will buy the german addon and of course they won´t buy the english addon later, so this harms the english release, but at least more copies of night of the raven will be sold so this isn´t too bad after all

atari is going to release in 28th may 2004 gothic 2 in spain with spanish subtitles
don´t know when was gothic2 released in uk, but i´m sure it was a long time ago

I HATE ATARI!!!!

at least i can play the game in spanish (i´m from spain) but they´ve taken soooooo long to release it, i hate them!!!

pd:sorry for my english
Post Tue May 18, 2004 2:55 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well atari is going after money and we all know right now the consoles make the most money
Post Tue May 18, 2004 3:44 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next