Dragonhunter tips
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragonhunter tips

People say that the dragon hunter is the harder character to play. They say also is harder to play only with swords. Don't belive it.

I've finish the game with a 41 level dragon hunter having 247 strength (15 from an amulet), 120 dexterity, more then 600 life, around 60 mana, 62% 1H sword, 100% 2H sword. And I think now if I will play the second time I can get my strength up to 280.

Here is the trick. Don't spend LP at all in dexterity (only when you don't need them for something else) and bows and x-bows at all because you don't needed. Also DON'T rush your self (like a lot of people do) in learning the weapons skills; it's useless to strike fast if you don't have the power to penetrate armor and do massive damage. And don't take any stength bonus at the beginning. Learn the 1h up to 30% first and around 30 strength. Then 2h weapons to 60% and stop training weapons. Just put your points in strength up to max (I've trained until 90), it's easy because you have an available trainer as a mercenary. Also you must learn alchemy 5LP and choose a master 5LP which gets you a lot of money (I've choose Bosper - I was a hunter so makes more sense). So until now you have needed 20LP 1H + 50LP 2H + 80LP strength + 10 LP = 160 LP. Add 15 LP more to learn elixir of strength from Cornelius and you wil have 175 LP that is a character at level 18. And now just start taking all stength bonuses (shrines, apple. make strength exlixir - buy all king's sorell and dragon root from cornelius and sagitta each chapter, also take the +15 strength amulet from the thieves) and you must be over 150 strength. I was having 170 strength and this at the beginning of chapter 4. Use king's sorell only for strenth elixirs and later on colect all dragon eggs for 2 dragon eggs potions!!! From now on it's easy because everything dies in seconds. In the end I was killing orcs and lizard mans in one strike. The last dragon has died in 3 strikes.

Have fun and get some dragon blood ...
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:14 am
Ale
Village Leader
Village Leader

That's interesting how high you got the numbers, but unfortunately, with 30 in one-hand sword and 65 in strength, you can pretty much play the whole game without it being very hard. Hehehe

Pumping your numbers up so high must have made the game even more trivial (after chapter 2) than it was for me.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:36 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Re: Dragonhunter tips

quote:
Originally posted by ncn
In the end I was killing orcs and lizard mans in one strike. The last dragon has died in 3 strikes.

Where is the fun in killing a dragon in 3 strikes??
Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:24 pm