skeletons are pretty tough
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheDarkside
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

skeletons are pretty tough

After Orc Elites, skeletons are the toughest opponents I have fought so far. Orcs are a bit easier, trolls are pitiful if you run around them, and so far all the NPCs are whimps when you cycle the block & overhand strike repeatedly. What makes skelly's tough is one you swing at them they block like crazy and you either have to pause and let them hit you or withdraw a little. It becomes a real problem when multiple skelly's are ony ou as the one you are targetting keeps blocking you and the others keep slicing at you with their abnormally high damage. Personally, I think skelly's should be worth 300 xp at least. Anyone have a trick that seems to work good on skelly's ?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:08 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Magic - but for none-mage its rather expensive trick.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:14 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Yeah, they're much tougher than I remember from G1. I think smashing weapons, ie, maces and hammers (though I haven't come across any hammers yet) might work better, but I might be thinking of a different game.

Like all enemies try to draw them off one at a time and fight them one-on-one. Also Death to Undead/Destroy Undead will kill them straight away.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:15 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

im a level 4 novice, i got a rough two hander, and 16 % two handed skill... novice armour... do i have a hope in hell of killing those skeletons? even one by one, as far as i can see they polish me off with two blows, and i cant even land one...

how many hitpoints do they have? so far i only have scrolls that deal 30 and 40 damage..

also where is the ball and chain weapon? i wanna try it out against them see if its any better... i remember seeing it on my last game, but this time round i havnt come across it... and im guessing a smiths hammer wont do it
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:26 pm
billythegreat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The ball and chain weapon can be found in a mine near the mayan like pyramid, after u pass some minecrawlers. The weapon do 45 damage and 45 strenght is needed - one hand.

BTW how the hell can u kill those stone golems ?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:32 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Stone Golems - with patience and steel. Can be killed with normal weapon - personally was using OrcSlayer. Takes some time. Ball and chain weapon hits them more often.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:41 pm
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Good trick for beating the stone golems is to hit them before they come to life (if you're talking about the ones in the cave, which I think you are) after you open the chest. They crumble after you do it. Then you just hit them again and they get up and crumble again, and so you just keep hitting them until they die.

As for the skeletons, try drawing them out one by one, make sure you have full health, block their first hit, then hit with an overhand forward swing, or a sideways slash. Then block their next hit and repeat - it's not perfect, because sometimes they attack twice, or fast, but it helps me take them out. Also, if you can, and you almost always can, just find a spot to climb up onto where the skeletons can't hit you, then shoot them to death with a bow or xbow. It'll take awhile, but it's an easy way to kill them without risking much.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:44 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Ruskie Soldat - were You given Exp for killing stone golems this way? Is it possible to soften them this way so when they get up they have only small life amount?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:52 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I killed some of the Stone Golems before they rose too, and I'm pretty sure you get the XP. Also it helps to back them into somthing then use left-right-left combo, as they don't block.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:58 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

well, i avoided skeletons till I was high level, so they really weren't a problem for me
with any golem, i simple do right-left swings, just as they're about to attack take a couple of swings, it'll hurt them and they'll dodge back, it's rare to take any hits from them this way
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:22 pm