SWG: Player Correspondent Position Available
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Inauro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SWG: Player Correspondent Position Available

Thanks to <a href="http://www.ogaming.com" target="_blank">OGaming</a> for pointing out that Sony are looking for a <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=csystems&message.id=69326#M69326" target="_blank">Player Correspondent</a> for the SWG Core Systems.<blockquote><em>Player Correspondent Opening: Core Systems <br> <br>* Are you knowledgeable about Core Systems? <br>* Are you a community leader? <br>* Can you objectively identify relevant issues and distinguish them from simply passionate arguments? <br>* Do you like organizing information and corresponding with other members of a community? <br> <br>The Development Team is looking for a volunteer correspondent for Core Systems. Participation is completely voluntary and you can stop helping out at any time. We’re just looking for someone who can help us sort through the various issues for this profession. <br></em></blockquote>
Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:54 am
Hedek
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I love how the "job description" itself is flawed, "We’re just looking for someone who can help us sort through the various issues for this profession. " : Core Systems are not a "profession", this is a brilliant example of copy and paste from the other correspondant positions descriptions without any verification, and is a good example of the overall professionalism with which SWG is and has been developed.

The best franchise of all, the biggest potential of all, the largest "potentially interested costumer before even playing the game" MMO, all wasted by a company who has had one success : EQ and failed to adapt to the market and keep its leading position (Blizzard and NCSoft are now largely more successful) but that managed to somehow stay very profitable thanks very smart marketing and business achievements (such as the Station Exchange, Station All Access, Quest for Princess Antonica, etc). Too bad this level of brilliant achievements isn't the same inside the actual games.

I hate SOE because I loved so much SWG and EQ2 before I actually got to play them, had it been another company, developing other franchises, I wouldn't have cared (honestly who shed a tear for Wish being cancelled ?). The level of expectation has always been so high towards SOE, it seems they have always failed miserably. Add to this very harsh way to treat their costumer base (accounts being banned for receiving duped money as payment of selling goods on the market where you can't "select" your buyer), not so great costumer support, hypocrite dev communication, constant downgrade of the promised changes (example : "we are going to revamp the smuggler profession", one month later "we have decided to postpone the revamp because of lack of resources and development time", repeat exact same sentences for 2 years every 2 monthes, check the SWG Official Smuggler forum for detailed historic of "dev promises").
Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:09 am
C Sagan

Wish

"honestly who shed a tear for Wish being cancelled"

I did. Honestly. Wish was the only class-less skill based game in 3D. Ultima Online is ancient technically.
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:42 am

Hedek
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hehe well then I honestly "wish" there had been more people like you, perhaps it wouldn't have been cancelled

Btw if you're looking for a "class-less skill based 3D game" you should definitely give Ryzom a try. They have a 14 days free trial so there's really no reason not to try it.
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:06 pm