help killing dragon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheDarkside
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

help killing dragon

so whats a good strategy for killing dragons if you are a melee fighter? I can never get close to the damn lizards because of it's breath weapon throwing me to ground every time- gets pretty annoying! I used up my speed potions on the green and red dragon and no one sells 'em in the old castle. Those helped me immensly to kill red/green dragon.

Also, is it worthwhile to collect dragon scales? I never met the guy whot eaches it (I have no idea where this stone dragon hill everyone is talking about is) but I'm wondering, what benefit do I get from dragon scales?
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:51 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I don't know what level you are, but the dragon are really simple to beat. Face them, ctrl forward, left, right,strafe, repeat and rinse

Dragon scale is a hunting skill you really should get.

The stone dragon is in the old area where Lester stayed in Gothic 1. I'm drunk so I can't remember the friggin NAME of the building :/ :\

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:15 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

First your second question- You need dragon scales if you want the medium Dragon Hunters armour. It cost 12000 GP though. The best thing to do is when you get 24 scales (2 dragons) sell them to Bennet at Onars Farm, He'll give you like 4800 GP for them, I think. Then he can make the armour for you and sell it to you for 12000 GP. The other way to get the armour is to give the 20 scales to Jan at the Valley Castle, but he won't give you any GP for it and it will still cost you 12000 GP for it.

Now for your first question- What I did is stay real close the the Dragon and hit him. When he fly up and lands I hit him again. If you can keep this up he won't have time to hit you with his Knock out Fire Breath. But when he finally gets me with that breath I get back up and run circles around him tyring to get closer to him and then I hit and try to stay with him. If I get low in health I leave the area since he won't chase me and heal myself, and then I reapeat until I finally get him. So far all I have conquered is the Swamp Dragon and the Stone Dragon.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:21 am