WoW or Guild Wars wow?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

WoW or Guild Wars wow?

Which one is better in everyone's opinion?
I am new to online gaming and I want to get into more of them, but I have two problems. One, I am still 17 and don't have a method of paying for them by credit card yet, and two, I don't want to start one and have it end by the time I finally get it.
How much is WoW per month, do you have to pay by credit card, and is the fan base still quite active?
I am an expert at RPGs, so if you help, I can be an awsome ally.
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:05 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

WoW costs about 10$ or so per month, and you can buy Game Cards instead of paying with a credit card(they can be bought in most shops selling computer games). I'd check the local shops for such cards before buying the game.

All in all the fans in WoW has never been more active. A few of the oldest veterans have left, but more and more players are joining every day, so Blizzard keeps putting up new servers.

I can't really comment on Guild Wars, but I know several people who have left it to join WoW. All in all they both consume a huge amount of time, and WoW is the natural choice if you have played(and enjoyed) the previous Warcraft games. Otherwise it's pretty 50/50 I think(WoW probably being the better game in total, but it costs a lot more over time as well).

At least that's my opinion.
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:20 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm playing WoW and enjoy it a lot. I use game cards which i buy at the local games shop or order from bol.com (online shop, delivers the next day) I think the monthly fee sin't too much, especially not when you share it with your brother
Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:06 pm
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Guild Wars or World of Warcraft hmmm.......i like Guild Wars graphic engine but both games are intresting
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:26 pm