Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
quote:
Originally posted by Awful
...he has no experience...

This is a valid point...

That bothers me too. I wish I was as experienced and professional as DW Bradley, for example, so I can make a game as great and polished as Dungeon Lords.

Some may call the statement above arrogance, I call it a fact.
Other fun facts are:

a) There are many great games, especially the early ones, that were made by people without any experience in the industry, but with passion for games. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what a good game should be like.

b) There are many crappy games that were made by professional game designers (Dungeon Lords, Lionheart, Daikatana, need I say more?). Everyone can screw up and make mistakes, that's just how things go sometimes.

c) Many good and "experienced" today's designers are yesterday's QA testers. 'Nuff said.

And in conclusion, does it mean that AoD will be an awesome game? Of course, not. My goal is to make a good game, and I have a chance to fail just like everyone else.
Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:20 pm
Wildefire
General Goods Vendor
General Goods Vendor

This post/thread is the first I'd heard of this game, and I think it looks pretty good. I enjoy RPGs of all types (hmm, even the online ones) and games like this certainly have their place. Also, if it's really being developed by just one guy (again, I don't know), I'm damned impressed. Just like they say raising two kids is exponentially (as opposed to incrementally) harder than raising one, developing for 3D requires a LOT more work than developing for 2D. Hopefully the effort pays off. I've played and enjoyed a number of isometric 2D games, but it's nice to be able to zoom in once in a while for a better look.
Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:13 pm
VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Wildefire
This post/thread is the first I'd heard of this game, and I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks

quote:
Also, if it's really being developed by just one guy (again, I don't know), I'm damned impressed.

No. 7 people are working on this one: 4 are the core team: design, programming, art; and 3 are doing the concept art. Here is an example:
One of the towns
Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:49 pm
FrancoTAU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hell, if Hitler released a turn based RPG, i'd at least check out the demo when it came out. That being said, i think the game looks good graphically(great for an indy team of 4 basically) I'm sure at the very least, VD will have great conversation branches, multiple ways to complete quests and all the other small things that add up to a good RPG. I just hope the combat system is at least averagish and im sold on it.
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I think some of our "guests" would benefit from reading the last Side Quest.
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:42 pm
Twiney

Why?? What has VDweller ever done apart from provide a welcome change from all the weak, sycophantic "we won't express any opinion" coverage of the utter mediocrity that has taken over RPGs?
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:48 am

quote:
Originally posted by Twiney
Why?? What has VDweller ever done apart from provide a welcome change from all the weak, sycophantic "we won't express any opinion" coverage of the utter mediocrity that has taken over RPGs?

Well, how about being a small time douche bag, who, in his tiny little world of Fallout fascists, has achieved the internet reputation of being as stupid and arrogant as a Derek Smart or a Cleve Blakemore? That's all he's ever done, and that's all he ever will do.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:44 am

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Internet reputation? Wow! Btw, since when does "internet reputation" means opinions of a few Oblivion fanboys who can't take any criticism? I don't really care what 5 idiots think of me, but thanks for posting. Maybe eventually you will even learn how to register and won't have to use Guest accounts.
Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:33 pm
OblivionFanboy350983472

Teehee. Of Course the ones who think you're a douchebag and your game looks like ass must be Oblivion fans. Get over yourself.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:37 am

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What else would explain all the drama? I doubt that graphical qualities of my game, no matter how poor they may be, would have been enough to cause so many different angsty Guest posts informing people what a horrible, horrible person I am.
Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:24 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Only losers and idiots like tb combat
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:30 am
~Twinfalls

What, and not sissies, pansies and whinny bitches?
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:42 am

OblivionFanboy29384671029

quote:
What else would explain all the drama? I doubt that graphical qualities of my game, no matter how poor they may be, would have been enough to cause so many different angsty Guest posts informing people what a horrible, horrible person I am.

I don't think anyone honestly thinks you're a "horrible, horrible person". Just that you're another arrogant, elitist, jackass who doesn't deserve any spotlight. Your like or dislike of Oblivion, Fallout, Monopoly, or even nice walks in the park is irrelevant.
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:37 am

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by OblivionFanboy29384671029
quote:

I don't think anyone honestly thinks you're a "horrible, horrible person". Just that you're another arrogant, elitist, jackass who doesn't deserve any spotlight. Your like or dislike of Oblivion, Fallout, Monopoly, or even nice walks in the park is irrelevant.

Ah, but that's a different story then. From that point of view, me being an arrogant, elitist jackass is also irrelevant to the game I'm working on. As for the spotlight, I don't think it should be deserved by me personally. Again, I'm working on an RPG. Dhruin feels that the project - not me, not my views, not my status at the Codex, but the game - is decent enough to make a news post about. There's nothing else to it.
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:07 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller
quote:
Originally posted by OblivionFanboy29384671029
quote:

Ah, but that's a different story then. From that point of view, me being an arrogant, elitist jackass is also irrelevant to the game I'm working on. As for the spotlight, I don't think it should be deserved by me personally. Again, I'm working on an RPG. Dhruin feels that the project - not me, not my views, not my status at the Codex, but the game - is decent enough to make a news post about. There's nothing else to it.

What?

1) you have no bump maps
2) it is a gay TB game
b) it has no twitch action
IIII) graphics are subpar
5) it has lots of words and other stupid crap like that
6) you have to read; and read a lot
c) too many chardev choices
you are a stupid idiot
7) you cater to graphic sluts

That all equals crap. A crap game by a crappy guy from a crappy website who eats crap and poops it out the other end. Anyone who buys this piece of garbage is stupider than people who think Grimore is an actual game in beta testing. Its all stupid people making stupid games for stupiderer people. Rpgs are gay and so are gays. Go Yankees!!!!! Jeter is awesomne
Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next