Innos shminnos!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Innos shminnos!

Innos is supposed to be just and good right? How is having his novices whack each other to become a fire mage a good thing? Why does Innos require you to leave money at his altar to get his blessing? I call that greed. And how can Innos stand by and let his fire mages act so corrupt? IE When Gorax informs you when you are a dragon hunter that Serpentes a high member of the council that he wants you to bump off Pedro. I can understand novices being a bit bad because they are there to learn to curb their behaviours but a high magician of the order doing that? I did however understand the donations the church required when asking to be blessed cured of possession or joining. They need to use the money to keep the monastary running.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:07 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

i'd wait till we get to play the next gothic part(s) (hopefully) in order to see what is "good" and what "bad". imo we have much to see yet...
and personally, i stick with Adanos he seems like a nicer guy...more balanced.
though......i haven't got to play the add-on yet
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:10 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Have you EVER seen religion at it's worst....and the moronic things they want you to believe? Ever hear of the crusades?

Religion controls morality(which is good), but DAM the leaders can come up with some weird things. MORE PEOPLE HAVE BE KILLED OVER RELIGION THAN ANY OTHER REASON.....by like a hundred thousand to one.....or much more.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:21 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sure but Innos had more contact with his clergy. He gave them massive tools of destruction that they could horribley misuse. Gods in real life have only given a select few people powers and none of them in comparison to the powers the gods in this game have given their followers.
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:47 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Guybrush at the end Its YOUR OWN choise do you want to kill a pedro or not.I've allways let him live.You don't need to obey the high councill on that matter.But if you think pedro's crime, you can quite easily understand why do they want to kill him.He stole one of the most sacred relics, and even handed it to the enemy.Sure it is quite obvious that he was possesed, but the high council may not be sure of that so they probably see the best, to kill him and not to take any risks.whole kindom is in war, so justice ain't so benevolent to the traitors on times like those.

What comes to the test of magic.I think it is the will of innos that only the strongest of chosen novices gains the honor of becoming a magician.Most novices are glad to take the risk for gaining that honor.It aint' hard to imagine that they have been told beforehand the risk of failing in the test.I'm quite positive that many people just stay on the monestary as novices but only those who show courrage and wisdom may be given a chance to prove their worthy infront of innos.

you should remember that life of magician ain't really the easiest task either so the magicians must be allmoust as strong as the paladings or even stronger.They have so much responssibility as in their hands lays such a mighty power that the other guilds can only dream of it.Maybe that is the reason why their parth is so dangerous and hard.They must be really strong to manipulate the magic of innos.And innos won't choose anyone who is not completely sure of his choise.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:30 pm
Foxman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey guys, there are no such gods and religion. It is just for the game and the followers of these gods do just the things to make the game more interesting.
If you give no gold for praying then what is the point? You just recive mana and strenght for free? Comon, the game is easy enough.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:59 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Heh heh...donate life force. Thats what you did in Planescape Torment for some of your spells and other powers or knowledge.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:49 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
Heh heh...donate life force.

That's also what you do when you pray to our beloved Beliar to upgrade his Claw.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:15 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well donating gold sounds kinda cheesy. Maybe they donate experience.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:34 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

try beliar

but don't pray to hard hehe.

quote:
Originally posted by Foxman
Hey guys, there are no such gods and religion. It is just for the game and the followers of these gods do just the things to make the game more interesting.
If you give no gold for praying then what is the point? You just recive mana and strenght for free? Comon, the game is easy enough.

Yes it is just a game, but it is fun to experience oneself to the gameworld.When i'm playing the game i belive innos and the gods.Makes game experience much richer.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:45 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Talking about shrines and donating, it would make common sense that when you donate the gold you put it on a plate or somwhere it doesn't just vaporize into the air. [Well in game it does so you couldn't cheat but we're talking about common sense here ] So if you leave the donations on the "plate" that is there for donations it would be logical that the Monastery members collect the donations every now and then to gain some money to keep the monastery running, IMO it has nothing to do with Innos as its the magicians who are greedy if we must use that word. On other matters people make mistakes and ranks like High Magician of the circle of Fire doesn't change that. [Like the Pedro thing.] and off course the High Council sets the quest for Test of Fire which brings us to the same conclusion. [I mean if they wouldn't know that novices will kill each other to become a magician do you really think they would make no effort finding the bodies of lost novices.]

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:28 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah, the gods are kinda questionable on their benevolence. The Sleeper, NOW that's a good god.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:51 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
Yeah, the gods are kinda questionable on their benevolence. The Sleeper, NOW that's a good god.

Yeahhh...very good "god". He only cursed those orcs which summoned him long long time ago. A very good "looking god" as well... wonder why they call The Sleeper an evil arch demon....
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:03 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Sleeper had some cool powers he bestowed upon his followers. Alot more useful than the mass weapons of destruction that the fire and water mages doled out. I don't see anything wrong with cursing the orcs. In Gothic all orcs are evil anyway so it doesn't really matter. The orcs get what they deserve if they continue to blindly follow evil beings. They may be smart in some instances but they don't seem to be capable of reason or rational thinking. I didn't like how the Sleeper looked, he looked insectisoid. He could have been cooler if he looked like Cthulhu.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:31 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah, my favorite power was Immoliate. The one that levitated the person and constantly shot them with flames.
See, the one true god is The Sleeper. All worship the Sleeper! Cast down your old gods and pray for forgiveness!
But seriously, he didn't seem to be that bad. His followers were all healthy, and they seemed to be the most friendly of the camps.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:26 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next