Resolutions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Resolutions

So much talk about the BG and the mods, it made me reinstall the game and try it again.

Anyway, did anybody tried to play the first BG on higher resolution? If yes, any problems? And how do you change resolution in this game? I know I have to play around with some files, but I'm to lazy to look for them so I will settle if somebody just point and tell.
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:20 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The higher resolutions are not officially supported... but they can be unlocked from the game configuration option. The one you get at the first menu, not in the options screen once you're playing.

The Infinity Engine already has teeny, tiny sprites and such, though... be careful or you'll go blind squinting if you amp it up to even 1024

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:16 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Xen, I was reading most of your responses (if not all) regarding BG and I'm pretty impress with your knowledge of the game. Just out of curiosity did you work on that(BG that is) or what?
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:00 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I wish I did. Overall it was a great series. No, I didn't work on them... but when BG2 first came out I spent a lot of time on the PlanetBG message boards. That was a few years ago now which is why my knowledge isn't what it used to be... but I still like to try and help on as many questions as I can, seeing as D&DCRPG is my forum and all.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:12 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

You can also ask me any in-game specific questions. I recently (like 2 weeks ago) played through Baldurs Gate 1 and Tales of the Sword Coast, now being (as of today) up through Shadows of Amn, halfway into Throne of Bhaal. I have beaten every monster in the game up until now, including the dragons. So feel free to ask me something if you get into a tough spot.

*** SPOILER QUESTION HERE, DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW ***

Xen, could you tell me: I have got some item components (some being a short bow shaft and its bowstring) but I havent been able to figure out how to combine them. Do you know how to do that? I have a bunch of item component sets. I remember using a forge to craft the Flail of Ages, but it seems now that i am in Throne of Bhaal at Watcher's Keep dungeon, there is no forge! Also, that Imp in the Pocket Plane combines stuff, but not everything, like the shortbow. Thanks in advance!

www.shadowpool.com
www.darkfallonline.com
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:52 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes, the Imp combines a lot of items (especially for components you find in Watchers Keep and TOB areas)... but the items you find in the Shadows of Amn part of the game (the sword, hilt, and gem... the shortbow shaft and string... the dragon hide armor for Red and Black..) are combined by a Dwarven Smith in the docks section of the city of Amn. Can't remember his name offhand.

If you're in TOB there's no way to get back to the city of Amn so you can't combine those items. You're not missing much, really. The combined items the Imp makes are much better than the ones the dwarf makes.

Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:27 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Roger roger! Thanx for the info, Xen! I have almost beaten Watcher's Keep, way down deep in the earth, deungeon level 6 i think. Man, that is one big dungeon! I have been playing in it for 2 days, hehe.

www.shadowpool.com
www.darkfallonline.com
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:35 pm