new morrowind
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
OrcMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

new morrowind

does anyone know when the new morrowind game comes out???
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:23 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

What do you mean? You mean a "New TES game"? If yes, do you mean Argonia? I know nothing except the name actually.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:33 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Wow! I didn't know Bethesda is working on the sequel? Do they? Honestly, I don't think there will be sequel any time soon, neither I think they will make another expansion. Bloodmoon wasn't selling as good as MW/Tribunal.

R.A.Salvatore The Cleric Quintet. Canticle
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:06 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

They do. But knowing how much it took to do Morrowind..... you know what follows...
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:09 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

As far as I'm aware, Bethesda haven't announced anything regarding any future Elder Scrolls games, nor any future expansions for any current games.

There are lots of rumours surrounding the franchise at the moment, with possible settings ranging from Black Marsh to Elsweyr, and Summerset Isle to Cyrodil. There's been talk about the destruction of Tamriel, the coming of the Daedra, the fall of the empire and the beginning of the next age.

I personally can't see them making another expansion for Morrowind - financial considerations aside, they've had to pull too many tricks to make the first two work that adding a third would be too unstable. I hope they've already started work on TES4, and I hope it's going to be in the Imperial City, covering the fall of the empire and the coming of the Daedra. But time will tell.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:21 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I adore Morrowind, so to me these are great news! I hope they will have a bigger map. I know, i know, Morrowind was huge, but still, i want it bigger. And i hope they will make it more traditional Elder Scrolls like in Daggerfall. I am getting weary of Dark Elves. I like the regular traditional setting better, like in Daggerfall... Time will tell... But i am pleased they are working on something at least. It would be a pity if Morrowind was the last.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:26 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

i'll hope Benthesa will put more effort into physics and gameplay.Also better combat(more mowes, ability to use shield on your own) and AI(brainless monsters).Abowe all the world itself should feel more alive.Same goes to all npcs who were utterly boring and did nothing but walk and talk..You can find more life in the graveyard than in morrowind.

Also get rid of cliffracers.

Morrowind looked beautifull from outside but sadly it was nothing more than empty inside.allthought morrowind lore was incredibly wonderfull..I spent hours just reading all the books
Post Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:58 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

1-It will take place in the Black Marsh(I think), because it's Argonia...
2-About the Dialogs which you all are talking aboutm it's not that hard to make a mod.
3-Where was Daggerfall?
4-It's not an expansion. It's a new game.
5-About combat: Yup, they could make it much better
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:33 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
1-It will take place in the Black Marsh(I think), because it's Argonia...
2-About the Dialogs which you all are talking aboutm it's not that hard to make a mod.
3-Where was Daggerfall?
4-It's not an expansion. It's a new game.
5-About combat: Yup, they could make it much better

Could share your source, please? I want to read about this "Argonia" thing. I'm intrigued.

Then, Daggerfall was *everywhere*, even in Morrowind All over the Tamriel.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:40 am
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

1-.... Well, the source I can't share. First, I read somewhere that if you use the "Daedric" font in Windows, You'll get the TES games logos when you type in the numbers. 1 is for arena, 2- for daggerfall, 3- for Redguard(what is this)... 7- Is for Argonia. Then I e-mailed the one who wrote this , and he told me that it's a new project but he doesn't know anything more about it. I'll search for his e-mail if you want.
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:31 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by stanthony
Then, Daggerfall was *everywhere*, even in Morrowind All over the Tamriel.

Actually Arena was the whole of Tamriel. Daggerfall, while a huge game, only really covered the north-west of the continent around the Illiac Bay.

quote:
Originally posted by ~NOBODY~
1 is for arena, 2- for daggerfall, 3- for Redguard(what is this)... 7- Is for Argonia.

Redguard is the fourth Elder Scrolls game, after Battlespire. Morrowind is the fifth, but the third real RPG after Arena and Daggerfall - so is known as TES3. Battlespire and Redguard are known as "Elder Scrolls Adventures" to distinguish them.

So the questions are: Where is Battlespire in that list, and why is Argonia seventh?

Considering the amount of misinformation floating around and the sheer length of time before any new game will be released, I'm not convinced about this. As I say, hope is all we're allowed at the moment.
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:18 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

Actually ,I'm not sure, but try it out!
Copy the Daedric_runes.ttf from your first CD(x:\data files\bookart\daedric_runes.ttf if your cd is X),
Place it in the windows folder,
Run Word, Select the Daedric font & type 0(sorry, not 7, it was 0)
1-Arena
2-Daggerfall
3-Battlespire
4-Redguard
5-TES:Morrowind
6- space
7- space
8- space
9- space
0-Argonia, and something written beneath the name. in the daedric font, try to uncode it.

Edit: Fixed the filename.

Last edited by ~NOBODY~ on Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:27 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
Actually Arena was the whole of Tamriel. Daggerfall, while a huge game, only really covered the north-west of the continent around the Illiac Bay.

Sorry, of course you're right. I was thinking mostly about Daggerfall when I wrote that post - that's where this mistake is from. And I like Daggerfall more - it's more open-ended, it's more fun. It was the game I *lived* in for quite a long time...

*stanthony sighs and takes his old Daggerfall CD. He gently wipes the dust it has accumulated for almost a year being untouched... CD seems to have aura of its own - it's like looking at old photograph with someone very dear to you. stanthony sighs again and puts CD back to the shelf*

I love this game. Probably the game I spent most time in. Lifetime

Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:42 pm
OrcMaster
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

wow! i didn't know there was going to be a new tes game. i was talking about the new version of it for the xbox...but i have learned a lot more from this post.
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:42 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by OrcMaster
wow! i didn't know there was going to be a new tes game. i was talking about the new version of it for the xbox...but i have learned a lot more from this post.

Oh, it's almost certain that there'll be another one at some point. The series is popular to the point that it actually makes money.

But the new version for the X-Box - that'll be Morrowind G.O.T.Y. edition! It consists of Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, and all recent bug fixes. It should be out "any day now", my best guess would be the end of the first week of November.
Post Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:49 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next