Stacking object trick
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Stacking object trick

I wonder if anyone found this trick out... I never saw it mentioned anywhere but maybe it's lost somewhere on this very forum ... Basically take any two stacks of the same object. Open a container (Chest/body/whatever). Slap one of the stacks there. Make sure it has 9 or less items. Drag any OTHER random object in the chest too. Now take the second stack and drag it on the OTHER item. Note that the second stack NEEDS to come from your inventory. This won't work if you take it from the chest and try to put it in the chest...

Poof, you have a stack greater then 10.

Biggest stack I've done so far is 30.

And there was much rejoycing - although one's to wonder why they even bothered with that stupid limit. Hope this is actually new stuff, sorry otherwise.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:57 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's a nice trick though I wonder how you found that out...
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:10 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I noticed that you could drop objects anywhere even if there were items already there and it would stack them properly instead of failing or just making a new stack. I often used this trick to move items easyly between two containers without bothering being precise on where I dropped items in the boxes (specially when there's a bit 2x3 or 2x2 item at the bottom right).

At one point I took a stack of 6 onto a stack lower then 7 and instead of making 2 stacks it made one of 13... I then started to exploit that bug a bit to make stacks bigger then 10. What was annoying though was that I couldn't bring up the stack (when picking up new items) without doing that trick and moving the items all over the place - specially since I first though it was a bug for 6-7-8 stacks and kept making them two 8 stacks... I eventually tried two stacks of 9 and it worked! Then, for the hell of it, I took the stack of 18 and put it on another stack and it worked.
Post Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:17 am
ziusudra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ah, somebody else already found this.

I've currently got a stack of flour up to 64.

I'm a little disappointed that drinking 35 bottles of wine a fast as possible doesn't result in death or at least spewwing. I didn't even stay drunk any longer than from 3 bottles.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:14 am