Odd movement speed.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Dexan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Odd movement speed.

O.K, I've searched through various forums, technical issues and sites to find if anyone has encountered this but come up with nothing so I'll just ask... After receiving the quest to find the rebels etc I've found that my characters walking speed almost comes to a crawl. Running is fine which is something I'd rather not do especially in the crypts so I'm wondering... is there a cure? It's not driver related because this is the third computer that has encountered this at the same time in the game all with different graphic cards etc. Anyone else encountered this 'glitch' or is it only me that has to put up with an arthritic character and most of all, is there a fix? Please help.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:53 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Welcome to the Dot first off!

I had a problem with that one that one area, but once I left there, it always cleared up. Wish I could remember, but I think someone said it was a mem leak that was hitting in that part of the level.

If you are running the 1.17 version, then you don't have many options that I know of, but then I am not a pro at this stuff. Hopefully someone else will show with a brain storm.

Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:43 am
Dexan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cheers Cm, at least it's not just me. If it was a problem in one area I'd be happy but this bug effects the rest of the game from that point on. I don't want to resort to editing the save files but this just puts me off what I otherwise consider a classic game.
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:46 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I can make one other suggestion. Find a save from just before it started, save it in yet another slot, and start from there. There were several issues of save games being corrupted with little glitches that if you cont. in that slot you keep the glitch. Can'f hurt to try.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:17 pm