Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What kind of character did you create and why?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

What kind of character did you create and why?

Unbelievable, Morrowind came out today. I went down on my lunch hour and got it. Thumbing through the manual, it states there are 10 race choices. Dark Elf and Wood Elf look good (They all look good really).
So my question is what class did you pick and why (plus are you happy with it)
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:13 pm
Tapar

I am playing an Axe weilding Orc. I chose Axe, heavy armor, athletics, Block, mystisism, speechcraft, and mercentile as my "most cared about" skills.

I wanted to make my Orc a powerful melee'er who does not take any crap from anyone. I wanted him to be good at intimidating (hence the speeechcraft) and bully people into giving him good deals (mercentile). I did not picture him very magically inclined, but I choose to have him work on his mysticism mostly because he is as impatient as I am and the idea of Mark/Recall appeals too much to ignore...and relying on potions for that does not fit my penny pinching attitude.

I find myself enjoying the Thug life so much that I am thinking about making a new guy who is a thief. The only thing holding me back is I don't know what role money will have in the later game, will there be anything worth buying with my ill gotten gains. In every game I ever played and decided to go the money route, I wound up with more money than I could spend. Hehe I suppose training my unused skills could be a valid use for insane ammounts of money when I get to the later game...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:57 pm

I'm going to make a Dark Elf Assassin, why? because i love assassins, and i love dark elves.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:05 pm

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I made a Khajiit thief. Khajiit because they are quick and make good thieves (and because I love cats)

He is now a Thief/Mage/Fighter type..and I love it ;P
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:09 pm
jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm a Dark Elf Assassin of the 6th season. So far I have enjoyed my character TONS! He has no problem taking something down with bow or shortsword. He loves to hide in the shadows as well. Also it's a real enjoyment to search, sneak, and assassinate whoever needs to die!

- J
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:11 pm
jvelite
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm a Dark Elf Assassin of the 6th season. So far I have enjoyed my character TONS! He has no problem taking something down with bow or shortsword. He loves to hide in the shadows as well. Also it's a real enjoyment to search, sneak, and assassinate whoever needs to die!

- J
Post Mon May 06, 2002 8:25 pm
Agamon

I picked a Breton, because I always play mages in RPGs, and they make good mages.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:22 am

DzD
Unknown
Unknown

@Max Killen

We wan´t to hear your first impressions.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:18 am
Yegolev

first char

I came into Morrowind with expectations from Daggerfall. My last char I made was pretty interesting, I made him completely unable to cast spells or anything involving regenerating or using magicka, instead putting my efforts into pure physical combat.

I didn't see a good way to do this in Morrowind, but I wanted to check out the magic anyway. I picked an argonian for the racial bonuses and picked The Serpent as his birthsign. That poison attack was useful once, but waterbreathing is frequently useful. I decided to concentrate on medium armor and long blade as combat skills, with Mysticism and Illusion as main magic skills. Seems like it's a lot easier to get heavy or light armor than medium, oh well. I also put a lot of weight into alchemy, and it is pretty interesting even though I have not actually been succesful at making a potion, hehehe.

I mainly wanted someone who could do a little of this and that, but I didn't want to spread it too much so I neglected stealth stuff for combat and magic. I'll be making someone else later, after I think of a cooler idea than a khajit thief. =)
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:01 pm

I made an Argonian Assasin. I'm really impressed by the scope of the assassin class.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:27 am

I would recommend for a good experience try building your own custom class. look at all 'main' stats for each skill, to determine a plan, and you can make a very fun character of any type, and competent even. I was afrain that a game like this would have melee guys being overpowered, and magic users as weaklings. Well suffice to say I was wrong and morrowind is great, now..

My class name is Suspect. The skills go something like this.

Favorite attributes STR, END

With sign as The lady. +25 per +25 end --- if you look at my skills, this is quite beneficial. spear and armor are both endurance, with a summoned weapon(any type) based on str or end would be good. Choosing a str based weapon would not be as beneficial as using endurance. (plus I have never had a piercing class , so I thought I would try)

MAJOR

Speechcraft (+25 personality is goooood.)
Mercantile (+25 personality is goooood.)
Heavy Armor (endurance starts at 85 with nord with lady sign)
Spear (endurance starts at 85 with nord with lady sign)
Conjuration (STRONG weapons) (buddies to fight with you) (always have weapon at 100% condition)

MINOR

Sneak
Security
acrobatics
atheticism
???? i forgot

Let me say that Summoned weapons, and armor, are extremely powerful.
A summoned dagger is 1-20,bow is 1-30 or more, spear 1-40, axe and sword I dont know, but im sure its insane...summoned armor is also very very good. boots are like 40 ac and helm is 30 or 40 also. I killed a flame atronach at level 2, and a daedroth(lizzard man) at level 4...quickly...(he went to his knees and the fat lady sang) jeez, Morrowind is great. my speechcraft and mercantile make it possible to not only stay loaded with money AND potions, but always able to bride their pants off, or smooth talk, etcetera.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:46 am

Also, shortly after creating my spearman bandit person, I found a dungeon with a magic dark elf NPC that was quite amazingly tough. I was level 1 or 2 but it was the most satisfying 30 minutes of my life..reloading and fighting and repeating...I killed her and found a great item.

+40% resist normal weapons
+22% resist magicka

There was too other GREAT constant effects, but I forgot what they were.

I would post where this dungeon is but that would be a spoiler.

lets just say its directly connected to a dungeon in fighters guild quest out of Sadrith Mora fighters guild looking for a bandit named Rels Tenim.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 1:52 am

Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I wanted a good big Fighter kind of like conan. i named the class Viking my character is a nord named Stiler

main:
Heavy Armor
Block
Long blade
Axe
Athletics

minor:
Conguration - like summoning skeltons, etc
Medium Armor
(Healing magic ) forgot the name of it, doh
Acrobatics
something else i forgot already. lol

I have some pics on my site,

http://stiler.netfirms.com/1.jpg It goes up to like 40 or so i beleive.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:02 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Stiler

http://stiler.netfirms.com/1.jpg It goes up to like 40 or so i beleive.

Note to self: If you want to advertise a site and get it overflowing with hits, post it on these forums..

(BTW I said this because your site is over bandwidth limit..hehe)
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:18 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I chose to make a char that was real interesting to play but was not super powerful.

I have Khajiit char cuz they just look so cool. He has a tiger head, and I made him a mage/archer.

Major Skills:
Destruction
Restoration
Unarmored
Alteration
Marksman

Minor Skills:
Enchant
Mysticism
Illusion
Conjuration
Alchemy

And if it wasnt hard enough playing a mage with a Khajiit, I also have the atronarch as my sign. So no mana recharges!

This has made it real interesting (and very hard) to play this char. I have got to lvl 9 after about 20hrs of play. about 3 of those levels were gained through paying for training.

Its definately very cool the way you can make any character you want, and I am definately enjoying my mage with a twist.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:30 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next