FAQ
Members
Usergroups
High level Deardic Weapon--early in game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

High level Deardic Weapon--early in game

There is a way to score a high level weapon. You must find a "Lost ebony mine" which is very close to Balmoral. You do not have to enter the mine, ( although if you can defeat the Fire Auteroch near the entrance you can get rich quick picking up ebony) --there are a number of folks who will pay huge for the information( you get an entry in your subjects column when speaking to one of them) but by far the best payoff( my opinion) is in Vivic (ST Olms Hunted manor) a character there who will offer you a choice of half a dozen Daerdic weapons. I got the Katana, worth 50K, hits for up to 44 on a slash or chop--and more often than not--knocks your opponent down. Only disadvantage is the weight, 54, and there are no doubt better weapons in the game--but for now this one roxxors.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:43 pm

Lestat

Isn't that the guy who admits they aren't really Daedric weapons? It's the guy with those "Dragon", "Demon" and "Devil" weapons, right?

L.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:12 pm

widget311
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nah, you're thinking of the Argonian trader in Balmora. The guy he's referring to is in the "Haunted Manor" in the St. Olms canton of Vivec. All you have to do is simply ENTER the ebony mine (you don't even have to kill anything, or even explore the place) south of Balmora, and the mine will become a discussion topic when you speak to NPCs. Some NPCs will offer great rewards for the location of the mine, but only a few will actually hold true to their offers.

I also did this, and got myself a NICE Daedric wakazashi. Now to get it enchanted. Oh, the NPC's name is Dram Bero.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 6:18 pm
Condor

Just go to a Daedric shrine up by Gnisis. Head north west from there and you can find a 2 hand Daedric clymor. plus there isa fairly nice magic sowrd in Rotheran. South of dagon fel.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:02 pm

Daudr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Which direction is it from Balmora? I've been all over that area and haven't seen that mine.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:00 pm
IncendiaryLemon

down near the eggmine and the rope bridge
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:44 pm

Ché G.

True.. but I don't get the hype. The Bound WEapons spells is much better ( imo) for being low level. 60 lbs Daedric Longsword is alot to be carrying around when your can only carry around 150lbs at low level.

Just go to the mage and buy Bound spells that last longer if you want. 120 sec duration only cost 10 mana. And it gives 10 to long blade.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:49 pm

MrWinkey
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i agree.. but..

I agree to the bound weapons being better. but u need a pretty high conjuration skill to get weapons that stay long.. i got conjuration of about 40 i think and a bound longbow that lasts for 60 is about all i can muster. Get some enchanted arrows and that bound longbow and u can kill most stuff easy
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:56 pm
shadowdrake

Vivic Daedric's

In the Underworks in Vivec, in the same 'works as that Assessessesss cat thief you have to save from the tax collector for information... on the opposite side of the same sewer system is a small wooden bridge spanning part of the tunnel. Next to the bridge is a door, with a Drummer 'guard' blocking the enterance. She's a real bi*** to kill... she's got decent armor and a yummy 2-hander...

Get past her and go inside, you get attacked by one from the left, and one from the right. The left enemy has some weak gear, easy to take out, but the guy on the right proc's himself and attacks with some serious armor and a Daedric Longsword. In the back of the room (I'm gonna call it their Necromantic Shrine, cause there's a decent library of necromantic books down there) is a guy knockin' ya with a steel crossbow. Nasty stuff.

So, take the longsword and whatever armor you need from this guy on the right IF you kill him, and get rid of the crossbow boy. You're home free for now. Rest, if you need to, in their beds...

When you're done, go to the front of the shrine, and there will be a small platter with some precious stones in it. Take them from the shrine and it will summon a higher level demon (can't remember the name) RIGHT behind you. Manage to kill it and he'll have a Daedric Shortsword on his corpse. Plus, he makes a great soul for your gems!

Easy, huh?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:47 pm

ok I found the cave...cleared it and now im wondering who the hell I need to talk to for the awesome sword or whoever pays the most?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:53 pm

Ché G.

On the duration... if you buy a stoc, "Bound Longsword" it will never last mor then 60.. you have to do the Spellmaking to increased duration.

What I did was try that for a while, then I started enchanting after I had some gems. My guy was real low in enchanting, so I had the mage do it for me. I have one ammy that throws soul trap for 100 sec on ranged target, and one ammy that throws bound sword on me for 120 sec.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:15 am

Enchanting costs a hell of a lot of money though, how did u get that much gold? enchanting stuff like a longbow for example to give 1-5 fire damage for 4 seconds on target costs like 10.000 or so.. can u even do that? with a longbow i mean, cast on target? or do u have to enchant the arrows?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:41 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Enchanting costs a hell of a lot of money though, how did u get that much gold? enchanting stuff like a longbow for example to give 1-5 fire damage for 4 seconds on target costs like 10.000 or so.. can u even do that? with a longbow i mean, cast on target? or do u have to enchant the arrows?

What I did was, since you can't "barter" with them for enchanments I found out how much he wanted, then went out and bound a some nice sould gems worth that much. Then sell the gems to him for 1g and cheat yourself the cash to pay for his services.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:26 pm