Memorised Spells?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Timar1970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Memorised Spells?

I've read the manual over several times and practiced drawing spells but after holding down thw shift key and then releasing the control key and seeing the symbol appear my 1, 2, and 3 buttons don't hold or have a spell. Once tried I have to draw it all over again. Is there another button to push or don't I have enough spell levels to hold spells?
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Lets start from scratch. If you can draw and cast a spell, you should be able to memorize it for fast casting. There are three spell slots for memorized spells. They will appear on the lower left of your screen if they are memorized as just a blue symbol of the spell. If you hit the number one on the keyboard, not number pad, it will cast that spell. Two for the second one, and three for third when looking at them from left to right. Once used the spell next to it moves over to slot one ect. Now to memorize a spell. First make sure the spell is in your spell book, and that your character is at least at the same level of the spell. If you are level six and try to memorize a level 7 spell, it won't work. Find a spell in the book, click on it to get the needed combination to show up in the upper right cornor. Hold both ctrl and shift down, then draw all the needed symbols, then release ctrl first and then release shift. As I said the little blue symbol should appear in the lower left cornor now. I think you can just hold ctrl, draw, then hold shift, then release ctrl, then release shift, but I found it easier to do both keys, as long as you hit ctrl first. I also found that the number pad did not work but the key board did. If they won't, you can just put the mouse over the symbol and click, and it will cast the spell. There are only three slots, so cannot stack. Hope this helps, if not post with specifics as to what is happening when you try.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:36 pm
Timar1970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Memorised spells

Thank you! I was hitting the left mouse button, therefore releasing the spell.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:01 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You're welcome and Welcome to the Boards by the way.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:49 pm