Usergroups
Book of Chameleons in demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Hamsterlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Ranger and Monk just got up to L-9, making the full party up to that level. Which is good. I am loving this "Crush" spell that the Mage got. It is her first and only Earth realm spell, however (her specialty is Fire and Air), so she needs some practice. She is doing Power 2-3 with it, but I won't risk it any higher right now. Of course, with the Fire and Air spells, she is killer, she can wipe a heard of L-9 Slimes down by 50%-75% in one shot of Fireball, with no risk of backfire. She has 182 kills, due to the area effect spells. Ranger just got Razor Cloak, which I LOVE, because he is above his 50% hauling limit with a crossbow and short bow at the same time, so he is weak and he gets hit constantly.

I have almost reached the limits of the demo here. I opened the safe, cleaned out the Altar/Pool room, opened the gate, sold everything in the level that I don't want to the trader guy, and I am having to run around on the lower levels with 7th Power Light spells cast just to get a good fight! The only thing I haven't done is get everyone to the maximum allowable level, and read the last spellbook. I found a Book of Chameleon when everyone was still L-5. Every time the Monk levels, I try to get her to read it, but it always says she is too dumb. Will she ever be able to read this book, or is the required level for it above the limit of the demo?

-Hamsterlord

Equipped with all the RPG knowledge allowed by the Quest for Glory series!

[ This Message was edited by: Hamsterlord on 2002-03-24 17:24 ]
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:19 pm

To learn Chameleon, you need;

A level 5 Alchemist, Psionic or Bishop,
or a level 9 Ranger, Ninja or Monk.

Also, you'll need 30 skill points. To work this out, take the characters Alchemy or Psionic skill (whichever is the highest) and add 10% of his/her Earth skill, if this totals to 30 or more, you can then learn the spell.

Visit http://wiz8.web1000.com/perko.html to read all the details on spell learning.

Wolfie
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:10 am

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Hey wolfie, good to see you! Odd seeing a familiar face from the VN boards...

Just wanted to say hey and (again!) nice work on that spreadsheet...are you available for C/C++ tutoring?? I'm a student!!!

(in case you're wondering, i'm on the vn boards as 'iplaygamestoo'...after that whole "you must merge your existing acct with the new one...."I just created an all new account.. )

Post Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:24 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It's a reunion! I got so frustrated with VN that I gave up over there. This group is much smaller, but everyone's nice and pretty knowledgeable. Besides, fewer people here have finished the game, so I look soooo smart
Post Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:44 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, much smaller (and more friendly, generally speaking..) group here. I've been here for a while, first in the Gothic forum (strongly recommend that game..) and then here. We were a REALLY small group, until Danicek got us recognized by wiz8.com. Now we're growing by leaps and bounds. Welcome aboard!!

Post Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:33 am

Hi ICPG2, don't visit here much (so many Wiz8 boards, so little time). But will drop in from time to time.

I recently downloaded the Gothic demo, looks nice, sure can see the parallels with Ultima IX (which how I found out about it, bigtime Ultima fan, was sad to see that series die, and now Wizardry, it's enough to make an old-time CRPGer cry).

Awkward user interface (mouse/keyboard combined actions), but it's a game I could get in to, but sadly it doesn't look like it's going to make it "down under", can't find it anywhere, so I'm a bit stuffed.

Hopefully some decent CRPG will be released before I finally tire of Wiz8, so the addiction can continue.

Wolfie

Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:41 am

Mage_77
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wolfie like i said on the VN boards. Gothic ill be released here & since i deal with distributors at work i have it under good authority just there isnt a release date set for over here in Australia. Its definently a nice game although im still fumbling to get used to the difference in the interface styles with the mouse.

-------------------------------------
Dont believe everything you hear - Sleep IS over-rated.
Post Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:17 pm