Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
PlanetScape Torment - how to 'use' items?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I've just bought PlanetScape Torment and I didn't get a manual - assuming it even came with one. I've looked thru all I can find in the game and tried everything I can think of to 'use' an item, but nothing seems to work. 40 minutes later and hand-fulls of hair I'm reduced to asking; How the hell do I get out of the Mortuary - I have the key?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:28 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Well there are 3 ways to get out of the mortuary but if you have the key you have to take the staircase down from the level you started and head to the left part of the map. There you will find someone called Soe and a big door. As far as I remember if you have the key in your inventory they should open after you click on them. If they don't put the key in you quick slots, enter the game screen, press the right mosue button, select an icon of a backpack and select the key from there.
You can also try talking with Soe if I remember correctly he will let you out if you choose the right answers.

If all of this doesn't help speek with a green zombie that is on the level where you started in the right part of the screen. He will tell you about a portal.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:23 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Oohh, thanx for that. I was trying to use it to open the green grate things. Was trying the left mouse, right mouse, quick slot, inv. You name it I tried.
Nice to know it's that I was lookin in the wrong place
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:50 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Glad I could help.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:23 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I'd read the reviews on this game and the majority were great. So I bought it. Trouble is I didn't realise it was by the BG team While it's supposed to have a great storyline etc. etc. I dunno if I'll acutally stick with it, I didn't get far with BGI, II & IWD II coz I didn't like the 'set scene' kind of setting, the small, almost featureless characters are a hassle and the feeling of always climbing uphill to the North does me 'ead in. Also I'd rather play One person, not a team. I even tried POR, but that turn-based thing is so dammed S L O W No more Forgotten Realms games for me I'm afraid. HHmmmm, still I'll give PST a go for a while. I seem to recall that the games I used to play on my old Amiga (too) (Kings Quest and such) many years ago had better and more user-friendly environments.
I guess I've been spoiled by the interactive environments of MW & Trib, Arx and NWN. I've only been playing RPG's for a few months but to my mind these games are much more interesting and HEAPS better to play.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:43 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

PS-T is one of my all time favourite games. The characters are bigger than in BG. It's a very different experience to the other IE games. Have you played Gothic? It and the recently released Gothic 2 will be just what you'll love. If you live in NZ, you might have a problem getting the first game, but the second will be released there next month. I ordered from OS for both and I just started G2 yesterday. Don't miss them.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:10 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Yes, both should be arriving any day now, I got them thru eBay - very handy place. As well as getting them ahead of everyone else, they're a HELL of a lot cheaper. eBay's the best thing I've stumbled across in years, lol. And because the games aren't released here I should be able to get a good price when I on-sell after I've played them.
I really appreciate your tips for other games you, or others, think I might like - what about Divine Divinity?. It's very much trial and error at this early stage of gaming - until I got onto eBay and TradeMe in NZ I was paying on average $80 per game, that's approx 28 pounds (don't have a pound sign, lol), or $43 US - and most of them I didn't like. Expensive way to learn
Another question - why do some of the screenshots in the corner of this screen have numbers instead of game names?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:29 pm
corwin

My pics all have names!! Must be a Kiwi thing!!!! DD is a great, fun gsme, I really loved it. You should enjoy it as well, if you like lots of humour. This site is very big on Gothic, so you'll have no trouble if you get stuck. There's lots of help on DD as well. Glad to hear you're enjoying these games.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:44 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

OOhh OK, I"ll try a bit harder to track it down then. Apparnetly it's been released here but no-one I've spoken to has seen it. I'll keep an eye out on eBay. I'm currently trying to get Mistmare - my mate in the UK got it and sent it, but it never arrived Says alot for the UK postal system .
I meant the screenshots in the upper right corner, not the avatars. I presume everybody sees them?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:55 pm
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You might also be able to find the manual on one of the CD's. When I bought my copy at a computer fair a couple of years ago, the cover was in Russian or Turkish or something, but the game was english, and had the manual on the CD in .PDF format (readable by Adobe Reader)
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:50 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Aahhhh, thanx for that - I wondered what the other CDs where for - to pad it out, lol. I'll check it out.
Looks like I won't be getting Gothic II from the guy thru eBayUK - he's being a right pain. His accepted means of payment says cash or bank cheque, however, he's refused my offer of both and mentioned payPal, but so far he's not set it up for me to pay that way. ebay's now down my neck about it, thinking I'M the one not paying.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:18 am
corwin

I got mine here, took less than a week.

www.game.uk.com

Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:20 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Lucky bugger!!! If this idiot's not come thru in 48 hours I'll be round and nick yours lol.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:30 am