Best of E3 @ Gamespot
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Best of E3 @ Gamespot

Gamespot has posted their Best of E3 awards for 2006. Of special interest to RPers: <blockquote><ul><li>Best Action Adventure: Bioshock <br><li>Best MMO: Age of Conan: Hyborean Adventures <br><li>Best Roleplaying Game: Neverwinter Nights 2 <br><li>Best XB360 Game: Bioshock <br><li>Best In Show: Bioshock</li></ul></blockquote>Read the rest <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/features/6151435/p-2.html" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Sun May 21, 2006 3:31 am

Best of Show: Bioshock
Platform: Xbox 360

Isn't that a PC game as well??

Lol .. what do they fear.. that the horde of stupid casual gamers would be discouraged if they read it's for PC?

Beside.. seeing how the original System Shock game was a PC game ... why not put PC as the platform.

Oh well .. off you go casual gamers.. there you have your "dedicated" platform game winner of GameSpot (do these guys have a clue?) E3 awards.

Jesus...
Post Sun May 21, 2006 3:34 am

Best Roleplaying Game = Gothic 3 not nwn2
Post Sun May 21, 2006 4:22 am

Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Best Roleplaying Game = Gothic 3 not nwn2

Not that I necessarily disagree but....

Were you there?
Post Sun May 21, 2006 4:36 am
abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Lol .. what do they fear.. that the horde of stupid casual gamers would be discouraged if they read it's for PC?

Beside.. seeing how the original System Shock game was a PC game ... why not put PC as the platform.

Of the X360 games on show, Gamespot liked that one the most. On the PC side, Bioshock lost to Quake Wars. Do you suppose any of the horde of stupid casual gamers struggled with such an obvious point? Or does that mistake require a posturing jackass looking to draw attention to himself by flipping out over nothing at all?
Post Sun May 21, 2006 4:44 am

I wasn't meaning in fact but about the actual quality of the games would put Gothic 3 on top.
Post Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 am

Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

From what I saw the NWN 2 trailer was much much better than the Gothic 3 trailer.
Unless Gothic 3 showed a demo that the public didn't get to see or hell maybe I got a bad copy of the Gothic 3 trailer but it was very underwhelming at least compared to the Gothic 3 trialer a couple of months ago

I am surprised Quake Wars won anything they are going for the Online game genre like Battlefield and Crysis looked way better than Quake Wars anyway.
Post Sun May 21, 2006 7:34 am

I met with Aspyr at E3 and got to see a demo of Gothic 3. Looks promosing. Of course, so does NWN.
Post Sun May 21, 2006 5:06 pm

doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Great to see Neverwinter Nights 2 got best RPG of show. It got no hype from Gamespot. They focused more on Mass Effect. Great to see also that 3 out of the top 5 RPG's were PC.

I was also really surprised that they gave Quake Wars more props than Crysis.
Post Mon May 22, 2006 12:14 pm