I must ask...how is this game...really
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I must ask...how is this game...really

I want to know how this game is. Because all the reviews say itsbad yet everytime i visit this forum i get intrigued. So i just want to know...what do you all think of this game? Because you all make me want to buy it...but im still not sure
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:28 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Still need to know which edition you're talking about. If you've played any of the M&M series before, MM9 (the most recent) will probably be a bitter disappointment. If you're new to the series, it seems that the game isn't too bad. If you're interested in the MM series, I'd hunt down a copy of MM6 or MM7. I doubt you'd be disappointed with those unless you must have pretty graphics.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:55 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I thought both 7 and 8 were great, but the latest one 9, was a compleate waste of money.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:56 am
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

I enjoyed MM9, not the greatest game ever, but I think it would be worth 20 dollars, but that's just my opinion.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:36 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

6, 7, and 8 are decent. i dunno about 9, since because of what i've heard, its not worth the money if you are like me and played the others. i dont think i will ever buy it, because so far as i can tell its just a big disappointment.

www.shadowpool.com
www.darkfallonline.com
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:11 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hmmmmmm...well...thenill see...if its like 20 dollars then maybe. but no way 44.50. I am talking about MM9. I cant even find the other ones.
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:36 am
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'd never played a Might and Magic before, and when I bought MM9 was caught a little off-guard by the minor lack of graphical detail (perhaps that's an understatement ), but was amazed at how quickly I found myself incredibly addicted to it. It was like a really good book that grips you, and keeps on begging you to turn the pages. MM9 was the first and so-far only game that's kept me up 'till 3:00 in the morning playing a computer game. May not be a Gothic, but frankly (and this is likely to be deemed sacrilege) I far preferred it to Morrowind, in terms of pure enjoyment and addiction factor. Definitley worth $20.
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:16 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

kool thanks dude...i might actually get it now
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:32 am
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

IMO, the M&M series has been on a ever gradual but visble slow decline and MM9 was the absolute bottom of the barrel. I WAS a long time fan of that series but I am now so disgusted with how 3DO trashed such a great series that I doubt I will ever buy a M&M game again. It pains me to say that but that is the extent of my utter disappointment in the last installment.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:12 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Bach & Baroque
I'd never played a Might and Magic before, and when I bought MM9 was caught a little off-guard by the minor lack of graphical detail (perhaps that's an understatement ), but was amazed at how quickly I found myself incredibly addicted to it. It was like a really good book that grips you, and keeps on begging you to turn the pages. MM9 was the first and so-far only game that's kept me up 'till 3:00 in the morning playing a computer game. May not be a Gothic, but frankly (and this is likely to be deemed sacrilege) I far preferred it to Morrowind, in terms of pure enjoyment and addiction factor. Definitley worth $20.

You should try MM7. It was much better ... graphics are dated, but the game is great.
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:46 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Sorry for the "me too" post, but Lintra is 100% correct. MM6 and MM7 were the highpoints of the series unless you had to have pretty graphics.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:34 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

HMM...where can I find MM6 and 7? I cant even find a used mm9!! haha thanks in advance!
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:40 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I see MM7 ("For Blood and Honor") at all the Electronics Boutique stores in town. I also see it at Best Buy occasionally. MM6 ("Mandate of Heaven") is a little harder to find.

I believe they issued an "archives" collection that had everything from MM1 thru MM7 (including MM4.5) a while back, but you'd have to check on that to be certain. I know they had a disk that included 3 thru 5, but I don't think it had 4.5.
Post Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:50 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

IN the EB and best buys i visit there is none of that. Its crazy. My area sucks for old games. Well guess ill just order it off the internet if i can find it.
Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:58 am
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

I think Ebay would be a good place to start...
Post Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:09 am