Usergroups
Matrix Revolutions - The way it ended
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

All I'm saying is that there is no way Zion could have supported the billions of people in the farms. No town, no matter how miraculous, could provide food, shelter, and security for that many people. Zion would choke under the strain.

A life of blissful ignorance is better than some yahoo deciding that people would rather die free than live ignorant and pulling their life support on them. How could Neo make that choice?

Destroy all machines and kill off millions upon millions of people... if nothing else the sheer logistics of liberating those billions and reconstructing their muscles like they had to for Neo would be so staggering that it would take years to complete. Without machine life support they would have two days or three days to free everyone, bring them to safety, feed, and clothe them.

Didn't Zion only have something like 20 ships?

Destroy all machines and take their place as the central processor that keeps the matrix running? This wouldn't have been bad... it would give Zion time to expand its resources free of the machines and bring out small numbers at a time while supporting the existing populace in the Matrix. If I had the power of Neo it's probably what I would have done.

Seek a peace with machines, knowing that the two races have much to offer each other (theoretically)?

He chose C for good or for ill... and it's a hell of a lot better choice than 'a'.

(And the people of Zion were hardly living in a utopia... it looks like nothing more than one huge slum of refugees that could barely survive. probably on account of being so. How much worse would the problem get if you absorbed all of humanity into the system?))

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
Destroy all machines and take their place as the central processor that keeps the matrix running? This wouldn't have been bad... it would give Zion time to expand its resources free of the machines and bring out small numbers at a time while supporting the existing populace in the Matrix. If I had the power of Neo it's probably what I would have done.

I agree with you. They could have gotten all of the people out of the Matrix without killing them.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:32 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Except that they introduced the idea of innocent programs who weren't part of the initial take-over and implied that the humans had struck first. Just to muddy the waters.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:15 am
soul phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i havent seen it yet but i heard it was one of the worst endings like ever
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:06 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by soul phoenix
...i heard it was one of the worst endings like ever

Beginning & middle too, I'm afraid. Mindless nonsense from start to finish.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:06 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2