Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Somewhat Newbie topic about game time.

I love this game!

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 1.33 Thunderbird
GeForce 2 TI 64mb Card
1GHZ PC133 RAM

The game seems to run very good. I have the shadows off and the viewpoint out to almost full so I can see further.

My question is, do I get penalized for NOT doing anything. For instance, if I choose to stand in the same place in town and watch the day/night cycle over and over is there any penalty? I guess I'm used to linear games where there is a clock counting down what is happening.

Also, whenever I pass a guard or townsperson it seems like they either tell me to hurry it along or get on with my business. Is this just game chatter that doesn't matter, or am I taking faction hits by my movements?

Thanks in advance for any answers. I do love the game. Just feel I have much more to do.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:36 am
rhett
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No penalties for just standing around (except you might have to sleep/drink a potion to get more endurance).

EDIT: I dont have the game yet, but I think that what you are hearing is idle banter... However, I cannot say for sure.

Last edited by rhett on Sat May 04, 2002 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:55 am
Evotine
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I was wondering the same things. =) Someone respond.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:56 am
Mereel77
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Standing around won't hurt you unless you are on some kind of timed quest. I haven't seen any yet. As for the NPC's, they are just programmed to say that whenever you get close whether they like you or not, I think it's really annoying.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 2:57 am

Another newbie question.. Can someone post the lvl formula? I have played my char for 2 days and still lvl 1, most of my main skills have gone up at least one point. What am I doing wrong?
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:05 am

chrisbeddoes

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Another newbie question.. Can someone post the lvl formula? I have played my char for 2 days and still lvl 1, most of my main skills have gone up at least one point. What am I doing wrong?

To level you can only use your major and minor skills.

Any other skills that you use will not help you level if you use them 1000 hours.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:12 am

Xandrin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This has to be the craziest question then. I created a Dark Elf Thief. How do I know my major and minor skills. Is it Short Blade and Sneak? Just guessing. Can I see it in my onscreen menus. I just picked some stats and started playing.

Thanks again in advance for bowing to my newbiness.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:25 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

I have 3 major and 2 minor skills that have gone up and still I am lvl 1 ?? Is there a formula?
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:29 am

Right click your mouse, put the pointer over your level. It will bring up a bar graph with how close you are to level. Your major skills must go up 10 times combined total, and them you must rest to ding to lvl 2.
Xal
Post Sat May 04, 2002 3:51 am

Mereel77
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Xandrin, just right click. It lists all the skills in the upper left box.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 1:37 pm