Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What do you think of the RTS aspect of the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not only are we getting an action/RPG game with a massive editor, but we're getting strategy elements in the battles as well, making those large scale battles even more epic.

Since the battles are generally more large scale, you can form wedges, flanking positions and enclose enemies within a circle of fighters allowing mages to do as they please.

AT THE SAME TIME THOUGH!!

Enemy AI is also programmed to attempt tactical flanking or blocking of a doorway to split your party in the hopes of trapping weaker characters. The upside to this is all the enemies have an "intelligence" rating so to speak and basic wolves won't be blocking off doorways or anything, though they will attack in packs and surround your character(s).

All sounds cool on paper huh? Do ya think they can pull it off and actually add to the game or are they reaching too far?

Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:07 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Well, the guy that's making this game, if I'm not mistaken, also made the Myth series of games, so clearly he has a grasp on RTS.

I'm just concerned if the RTS elements will actually make the game more fun. I've never really liked RTS games personally, so it remains to be seen whether it will drag the game down or actually make it more fun. I can't remember a game blending these two elements, so it should be interesting to see if they can pull it off.
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:44 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

No he made Total Anilhilation(spelling?) not the Myth games...
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:19 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Hmmm, thx for correcting my mistake, I don't know how I got it in my head that he did the Myth games too...
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm
Decado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

With the emphasis Chris Taylor puts on holding the player's hand and simplifying the game?

I doubt they'd take the HUGE step of making positioning matter.

The game is, afterall, all about "slashing through hordes of monsters".
Post Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:45 am