Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
tips for ensuring successful enchanting.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
small8stone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

tips for ensuring successful enchanting.

I got 100 skill in enchantment. 100 intelligence. but i still fail frequently in enchanting. any tips to ensure success?? especially for xonstant effect items.

Also..what are the usage of frenzy, comand, rally, calm creatures/humanoid?? are they useful? Any one good with these skills??

Also..^_^ does "Reflect" will reflect the attacking magic back to the owner??

Thank you...
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:51 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

The biggest tip - in fact the only way to ensure success - is to pay someone else to do it for you!

But other than that, try increasing your Intelligence and Luck - purchase or mix up some very strong Fortify Intelligence and Fortify Luck potions. Be warned that you'll still find it very hit-or-miss to create constant-effect items! Thems is very hard to make.

I've not had much luck with Command, and see little value in Frenzy or Rally. Calm can be handy if someone attacks you that you really don't want to have to kill - but it's still of rather limited use.

And yes, reflect should reverse magical effects back to the spellcaster. I believe it also works for weapon effects - beware attacking NPCs/creatures with a strong Reflect if you've made yourself a nasty cast-on-strike effect!
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:27 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, the only way to ensure sucess in enchanting is to get someone else to do it for you. I actually find command to be helpful in scrapes. I have made enemies into allies for a time to help me fight off their old friends. I have also made a tough fight easier by commanding my enemy, healing, then jumping back into the fray. The best example of the former would be during the fight to become Archmagister of House Telvanni. I began the battle, charmed Gothren's two daedra buddies to fight with me, then let them fight him off and absorb his magic. Gothren killed one of them, the other killed him with my help, then I finished off the other Daedra. Three dead enemies, little fuss. So command is quite good. Rally and Frenzy are useless. The only use I found for rally is to keep my temporary allies that walk with you from running. I've never used charm either since I only start fights that I want to happen, since I am one who likes having people in the world. Yeah, I hope that helps some.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:13 pm
small8stone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I personally think that this is the illogical part of the game..
Being the ARchMage with a 100 enchant skill ( which was described had reached maximum profeciency...) it is very HARD to make a constant effect items but can buy it easily almost with every enchanter. perhaps then it should be limited to very very few enchanter..besides..golden saint is very easy to kill...

yeah it could be very expensive..but with mud crab around i can easily collect $$$...

and enchanted items can be very powerful..i can enchanted rings with power fireball...but i i use my own magical..two throw of simialar fireballs would have exhausted my own magica..also not too nice...so as a mage it seems like to be great mage u just need to "buy/create" powerful enchatment from ANY enchanter will do as long as u can colect tons of daedric weapons and sell to the mud crab. and this can easily be done since those daedra respawn easily with very open and shutting of doors....

: (
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:53 am
small8stone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

may be it is the joy of creating a power enchantment as a mage was difficult to have..hahaha
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:59 am