Usergroups
Star Wars RPG. Any news?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Considering all the hype regarding Rogue Squadron 2 and the new on-line Star Wars game, I am just wondering if I missed something. Is there any info about the Bioware Star Wars game? A screenshot, story outline, release date.
Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:44 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Not really. The last news from BioWare are dated August, 29.
And here's the link to the official site. Not much there yet. Says "Coming 2002" and holds some press releases + article links.
Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:32 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Are you talking about "Knights of the Old Republic"? If so (and for all other games you might be interested in) RPGDot is probably the best source to find news about then

Go to our games page from the left menu, and the select "S" for Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic. Our latest newsbit is from October 3rd, and it deals with an interview with David Gaider at The Dragon's Breath Tavern (it's here). You'll alsow find links to a preview on our page, as well as some reports from E3.

Hey, aren't we great? *g* - if only we could get the multiple pages for archived articles working, right now you only see the 30 latest ones. But this isn't a problem with KotoR, since there are not too many...

Hope this helps.

Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:38 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Not the most imformative interview I ever read, but thanks. It was Knights I meant. I do not have the time for all the Multi Player RPGs coming out, and there seems to be a lack of single player, especially party based. It just seems strange to me after all the hype about NWK, Galaxies and Jedi Outcast, that not one screen shot has been released. I first read about this game almost a year ago.

As for Info, RPGdot is my no.1 site, as you probably guessed. But nowadays I tend to skim a lot more, as it is mainly MMRPG's that do not interest me.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:47 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Blasphemy!
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:30 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Just a guess, but I have a feeling that Bioware is going to release their game sometime around when the new movie, Attack of the Clones, comes out, which is currently slated for release May 16.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2002 3:51 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

If you talking about Star Wars: Galaxies, they are hopin a release for the summer.
I hope they dont screw it up (Verant) by making it like that slow-as-ass EQ trash.
Dont want my lightsabre fights to start out with me taking 5 minutes to draw my weapon and then a 45 minute fight to follow, followed by 3hrs of sitting down waiting for the force to regerate within me
Post Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:20 pm
Logan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm working on getting an interview with SWG. It will get put up on RPGdot if I can pull it off.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:59 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Supposedly, they're minimizing downtime and streamlining fights as much as possible. A few cool flashy moves and its done. They realize that people who want to fight, want to fight FAST and OFTEN.

Supposedly, though, this one covers all the bases and has learned every lesson from every other MMORPG. Has it? We shall see.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:59 am