You too can have more gold than Gary...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You too can have more gold than Gary...

<<Spoiler>> While playing a thief and robbing every one blind, I happened on an interesting idea. If you read the side quests, you get to wipe out the goblins after you give the finance book to Pog (leave the level and come back, they be waiting for you in the main hall...). So I decided to sell all the rings, gems, etc to the goblins (even sold them their own stuff I stole from them). Then When I wiped them out, I get all my stuff back. You can then do this to the brothers shop on level 5. Then you can sell everything again to the shop in Arx. Who says money doesn't go as far as it used to...
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:10 pm
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i have a question...

i have a thief that has 101 stealth and 20 dex.

Why do i get caught everytime i look into thier packs?
What am i doing wrong?
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:23 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You need to sneak properly.

As for that idea I had already applied it to the shopkeepers on level 5 but I dind't think about it much for the goblins, nice tip.

I also noticed that the trolls seel the gems for less then you can sell them in Arx, so buying them from the trolls is worth it, although this doesn't involve anything sneaky.

I'm already at over 30,000 gold. It's getting a bit dull.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:03 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

easy thieving...

Sunshine...try the confuse spell...it's so easy you don't even need to be careful...doesn't matter if they're looking at you... and if there is more than 1 potiential victim and you think the other will see you and yell for help...use a spell on each...takes almost no mana and depending on your level lasts a long time...you must be level 5 to use it though...good luck...

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:10 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

another way to steal...

If you're not a magic user or at level 5 yet...you need to bump into someone ...then back away...wait till no one is looking...either the victum or even someone in the next room who has a line of sight...because they'll rat on you...follow behind them...then steal...be quick because they can see you out of the corners of their eyes...and some will always turn to face you...they need the confuse spell...you may have to quick save before each attempt ...until you perfect your technique...but I have 69 stealth and 14 dex and I can steal from anyone now...watch out though...if you take something from an NPC who might be using it in a quest for you it can skew your game...earlier in the game I stole keys from Felenor and King Lutshire and never got some things to happen...

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:26 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
I stole keys from Felenor and King Lutshire and never got some things to happen...

I am replaying as a thief (again) and just had stolen their keys.. What troubles you are speaking about?
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:44 am
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

One more reseller to Axe...

You could also do it in the rebel camp if you don't mind killing everyone there, but I don't know if the humans in Arx will know or not. And if they do, you won't be able to sell to them. You can, however, pick the shop owner's pocket when he leave and steal everything back. Then just turn invisible before he opens the door later. I made the mistake of trying to get past the guard that walked up to the door while I was in there and they attacked. Good thing I quick saved before going in...
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:02 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

things didn't happen...

Merz...just looked back in my notes...and walkthru part 2 ...level 1 castle...4th paragraph down..."when you leave Felanor......for Greu"...this never happened for me as I'd already stolen Felanor's keys and King L's...also...next page...10 th paragraph from top of 1st pg..."then you leave the castle......between the levels"...never happened...these both involved Chiklashh...but I found other sources for the runes to activate the teleporters...all active now... only 1 I never could activate was Greu's and as for Greu's book ...we corresponded about this before...and I never could steal it from Chiklashh as she was always facing me... so never did get the book ...since I didn't have the patience to kill her and then all of Arx City...I know it was there though because I tried killing her and saw it...but now that I have discovered how to lockpic anyone...(use confuse...and they just don't care...you don't even need to be careful)...I have tried to steal the book and complete that quest by giving it to Greu...only now at character level 8 when I look in her inventory ...the book is gone... I don't remember at what level I was when I killed her before but I never saved that game just reloaded and played with a live Chiklashh...so why isn't it there...I really liked playing as a thief...maybe confuse makes it all too easy though...

THE TAROT
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:59 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Just one word: STRANGE

What Felnor has to do with the Chiklashh and Greu? He is not even a part of the related quest? Anyway thanks for warning. Luckily I passed that part of game already. I'll be more carefull,
BTW, stealing is easy. And with your finding of Confuse spell, there's noone safe in Arx anymore!
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:31 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

things that didn't happen...

yes ...it made no sense to me either...I did note it at the time though...could have been related to my earlier bug from playing my demo character...but can forsee problems if you do steal things NPC's use to aid you in quests...too bad all the $$$ and loot can't be spent on much in Arx...but the thrill of thieving must be our reward...

THE TAROT
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:14 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Achromatic Luminary-

What Goblins are you selling things to? I didn't know there were any Goblin "Traders". Where can I find them? Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:30 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You can sell stuff to the king once you've solver the Troll Idol quest.
Post Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:42 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Thanks, I didn't know that! I'll have to give it a try.
Post Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:24 am