End Game - Invisable Cornelius
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

End Game - Invisable Cornelius

He keeps disappearing and I have only first level true sight. I can restore to the last level up and get another level of true sight, but will that help?

I got the true sight fairly early in the game and never knew it was doing me any good, so I never put more points into it.

What level do I need to "see" Cornelius?

Thanks.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:00 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok I dont recall any of the enemies being able to be invisible.

Josephina and one of the end wizards, Im assuming its the one youre talking about, cast the extremely overpowered spell 'blind' on you. The wizard that does it is very wimpy compared to josephina so rarely do you see someone who has a big problem with him. You killed josephina at least once by now and you have to do it again soon.

When you cant see them run away is the best I can say. You increase your resistance or even better you blind them first. Your character has a flashing eye on it when blind.

When youre blind your summoned creatures can still see I believe. At the very least though they give you time to become unblind. Run away and summon stuff , or if youre a warrior do your special move is about what you can do.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:20 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
Ok I dont recall any of the enemies being able to be invisible.

Josephina and one of the end wizards, Im assuming its the one youre talking about, cast the extremely overpowered spell 'blind' on you. The wizard that does it is very wimpy compared to josephina so rarely do you see someone who has a big problem with him. You killed josephina at least once by now and you have to do it again soon.

When you cant see them run away is the best I can say. You increase your resistance or even better you blind them first. Your character has a flashing eye on it when blind.

When youre blind your summoned creatures can still see I believe. At the very least though they give you time to become unblind. Run away and summon stuff , or if youre a warrior do your special move is about what you can do.

Thanks. I'm being slaughtered by Josephina now. The other fellow was named Cornelius and he turned out to be easy. I polymorphed him and then killed the frog. But Josephina is impossible. I'll try another polymorph on her but I don't think it will work, even though I am at morph 5. I don't even know if I have blind.

I wish I had realized that I could play save/restore with the merchants to get the items I want to buy earlier in the game. Now I do it every visit until I get another spell book. But that's very time consuming and I've never seen Blind come up.

I have all the resistence charms my armor will hold. How else can I increase resistence? I do cast spellshield and one other protection spell - aura?

BTW, what does elixir do? I'm hooked on restoration. That's all I seem to need, but I've been wondering about elixir.

Aside from blinding me, what else does Josephina cast. What are those spikes that come up out of the floor? Hell spikes? Probaby. I have a pretty low level in that too.

I got level 5 poison spray from buying spell books. But it seems to be pretty useless. I get poisoned too. Any tips on how to use that? Hmm. Maybe I can slow up Josephina by poisoning her than cutting her up with my swirling disks. Up until now that is all I've used except for meteor strike and polymorph.

Thanks for the help so far. Maybe it will be easier now that it is earlier:) I know it will be easier now that you've given me a better understanding of what is happening. Josephina seems to turn into a tiny blue figure. I guess that is how I see her through my blind eyes. I can't focus the cursor on her. The only times I actually see her is just as the game starts up after a restore or I beam back into the fight with my pyramid. Then I have one shot at her.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:25 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

There are extensive faqs on josephina. You can try from many differrent angles.

Im fairly sure you can be invisible and use hell spikes. Or the exploding spell i cant remember what its called. things where you dont have to target a creature just an area so u can stay invisible? I believe that is a solution i may be wrong.

Yes she uses hell spikes, and there is no defense no.

The combination of casting blind on something and using hellspikes is the ultimate kung fu. LOL. Run away try again later.

I would describe the second time as much easier yes. I just ran the entire time and had hot keys for summoning a million skeletons. When youre blind run away full speed and start all over. She wont be healing and you will. It takes a lot of time.

elixer does increase your resistances so give it a shot.

PS one way to kill josephina is to cast curse and then polymorph that might be what you try if you already have polymorph.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:16 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
There are extensive faqs on josephina. You can try from many differrent angles.

Im fairly sure you can be invisible and use hell spikes. Or the exploding spell i cant remember what its called. things where you dont have to target a creature just an area so u can stay invisible? I believe that is a solution i may be wrong.

Yes she uses hell spikes, and there is no defense no.

The combination of casting blind on something and using hellspikes is the ultimate kung fu. LOL. Run away try again later.

I would describe the second time as much easier yes. I just ran the entire time and had hot keys for summoning a million skeletons. When youre blind run away full speed and start all over. She wont be healing and you will. It takes a lot of time.

elixer does increase your resistances so give it a shot.

PS one way to kill josephina is to cast curse and then polymorph that might be what you try if you already have polymorph.

Thanks for the Josephina hints. Unfortunately, I already killed her the hard way. I'd pyramid in on her, get one good hit with the deadly disks spell before she'd disappear. Then I'd telport out, save, and come back in. That was really the hard way to do it.

The rest of the 5 were easy. I could polymorph all but Josephina and the Demon of Lies. But even he was fairly easy. I didn't teleport in and out with him except to take a break and save. I just kept gulping potions and casting disks on him too.

I did use my last level up right after Josephina for Know Monster. It was nice to see the resistences.

It was a great game. I hear there is a new Larian game coming out soon - Riftrunner. The info is supposed to be on their website. The ETA is the end of the year. I hope they make it!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:27 pm