Usergroups
What are your opinions about a good time to start on seconda
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

How does the ninja end up getting thrown criticals? Mine is lvl 18 and hasn't yet. Also, is it true that you can only level up so many abilities..when they max, they can only increase from combat? Once I finish this time I want to create a new party but do it right and the manual seems a bit vague on how abilities increase..
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:55 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

About abilities for Madglee (please everybode else read it and correct it, I am not really sure):
- primary skills (inteligence, strenght) can be maxed on value 100 and then it unlocked special abilities, 100 is maximum here and cannot be increased with exp. points and cannot be increased with using
- other abilites have its maximum on 100 except one that has maximum on 120 (or maybe 125), then this abilities can be increased only by using).
This special max. value is for every character only "special" skill. For example for fighter it is "melee weapons". And it is blue and you surely noticed it.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:16 pm
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Aye, I noticed the blue thing and I know about the 100 max, but what about skills like close combat and what not? I have my strenght and dex maxed on my fighter but he can't train his close combat or mace anymore..it's stuck at like 80 something..and on my ninja i never see anything that says "thrown criticals"
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:01 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It will further, but higher you are, longer it takes.
There is also 100 max in this secondary abilities, but you can improve above them with using (different from primary).
About this ninjas crit. str. I really do not know. As I said, I only know that Valkirie, Monk and Ranger can have it, but this list is surely not complete.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-09 02:31 ]
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:30 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

What's your ninja throwing, madglee? Maybe you need to throw shuriken to get instakills?
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:52 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, maybe it is true. At least you should try it.
I think that my ranger was able to perform critical strikes only with some range weapons.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:01 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

All primary abilities (Intelligense, Strength etc) can you put in exp. points up to 100 points. To go over 100 points in primary skills you need to equip items/armor that enhance these skills. You can't increase your primary skills by using them.
All primary abilities unlock at 100 points expert skills, which you can boost both by putting points into them or by using them in combat. However like all skills (Magic, Melee, ranged, expert, Miscellaneous) you can't put more than 75 point into any of them. But by using the skills you can bring them up to 100. Some skills for specific characters can be learned to go over 100 points. These skills are blue colored, meaning they are the primary (favorit) skills for this profession, and will automatically add 10-30% to basic skill level.

You can equip items, which give your characters skills, he/she normally can't get with his/her profession. Some bows and melee weapons actually gives the user +10 to critical strike even if the character don't have the skill. He/she can however not develop that skill by using it, because it's a item/weapon based skill. Any character also can get gloves or shields that give them Pick lock & trap abilities, which again magically can be enhanced by Divine trap, making any character a capable chest-opener.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2