Usergroups
Martens Bluff
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So i returned to Wizardy after several weeks with Gothic.
I was standing in room and should use Zuzu petals and Mystery potion. I did it. Shaman apeared and said to me: you must find Martens idol in Martens Bluff.
After this weeks with Gothic and do not remember who Marten is and really do not know where is Martens Bluff...
Where is it...??

Now we will see if there are also people discussing about Wizardy (I have impression that Gothic forum is somehow more "full living" )

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-18 10:48 ]
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:47 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Come on...
Someone reply
Is here someone playing Wizardy haloooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:49 pm
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

From Trynton go east to the swamp(Crock has a lot of goodies to sell), there are 2 ways to marten's bluff: use the exit going south for one and an east exit(I think it is the northern one) to get to the mines and then to the bluff.
If this is your first trip to Trynton you might want to go back to Arnika road and head north. You can raise levels, find the other half of the portal spell and visit the Umpani.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:01 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Thanks, nice to see some Wizardy fans here (and not only these anomalous Gothic fans - P. S. I am one of them )
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:11 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

I got to this forum late, so you'll find the answers to this elsewhere here. But as a spoiler to those, who are having trouble finding the idol...

Two ways into Marten's bluff: Right from the SE of the swamp, and NE out of the swamp through the mines. If you just try to go in from the SE, you can't find the idol immediately. You need to get the electropick first, which is only available by coming in from the mines. But once you have the pick, if you leave Marten's Bluff before getting the idol you can return without going through the mines and get the idol.

Post Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:34 am
Vox Clamant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dan...

Don't even bother with the S route out of the swamp for now. Later in the game, when you've discovered the transport system, that will be an especially valuable path. But for now, most of the goodies, etc. up there are not activated. For example, the door leading up to the idol doesn't even exist until you do something in the route through the mines that you get to from the NE corner of the swamp.

BTW -- when you enter the approaches to the mines, make sure you have lots of Muskol or OFF!

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:15 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

That's funny....Danicek's question gets answered 2 months after being posted! Thank goodness when I need an answer, you fellows are averaging a much faster time to reply!

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:49 pm
Vox Clamant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-03-24 09:49, iplaygames2 wrote:
That's funny....Danicek's question gets answered 2 months after being posted! Thank goodness when I need an answer, you fellows are averaging a much faster time to reply!

Darn. You'd think I would have noticed that! (I'm in the slow group this week.)

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:16 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is Ok, I finished Wizardry before maybe one and half month .
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:22 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

After I buy a few more things at Crock's then I off to Marten's Bluff; so info isn't wasted. Thanks
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:23 pm