How many more hours u guys think i have left in G2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

How many more hours u guys think i have left in G2

I really thought i would have over a 100hours in this game but im beggining to think i wont even make it to 80

I took my sweet time in the game i was 25hours in and didnt yet finish cahpter 1
in chapter 2 i even went and cleared out the VOM

Now i got one dragon left to killl in chapter 4 but i have to go back and pick up some monastary quests and after that its chapter 5 wich is the last one right???
Well im now around 50hours in How many hours u think i have left ????

Chapter 5 takes place in another environement ..what does it look like? cuz my PC is crappy and i have to play at 800x600 details low( even that i get 8-10 FPS in town) ...but in the VOM i can play 10xx 784 high settings...id like to be able to keep this for the next chapter
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:21 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

First thing is that im sure you missed quite a lot of quests and didnt explore the whole wilderness, which will take quite some time. But it really depends on your playing style, i talk to all people and dont often click away a dialogue. I always make sure i leave no living enemies behind and that way this game takes a hundred hours, but it you just follow your quest i would say 50 or 60 hours.
Second thing is that you will play this game again and again, that way you will exceed the hundred hours easily
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:03 am
Ollweird
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: How many more hours u guys think i have left in G2

Now i got one dragon left to killl in chapter 4 but i have to go back and pick up some monastary quests and after that its chapter 5 wich is the last one right???
Chapter 6 is the last one

Chapter 5 takes place in another environement ..what does it look like? cuz my PC is crappy and i have to play at 800x600 details low( even that i get 8-10 FPS in town) ...but in the VOM i can play 10xx 784 high settings...id like to be able to keep this for the next chapter

The last place is the most demanding one, I always have to lower my settings there.

Hours left? If you search the whole place and do all things/quests, it could take up to... well MANY hours
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:46 am
keida
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought I was doing good at being level 9 when I first went to the VOM...
I restarted and am now level 12 and I still haven't finished chapter 1...everytime I think I'm done I find more to do..
I should be level 13 or 14 when I first go to the VOM...

I talk to everyone...I have done all apprentices( except mage)...thieves guilds...quests..

I have 40 hours alone in chapter 1...about 10 left in chapter 1

I try all enemies..trolls..skellies...once, even if I get my butt kicked!
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:49 pm
Krissern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dont worry.. After you have finished the game you should try playing one of the other classes. Merc,Paladin and mage offers different sidequests and you get a look at the game from other angles. If you got one dragon left to kill you still have some hours left to play. Chapter 5 dossn`t bring you straight to the end either.
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:33 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

well ill wait for my new PC to replay the game everything maxed out and also give me a break from it
im not hardcore gamer and rarely replay a game twice... like morrowind i heard of people playing it for 4 years without getting bored.... one time through is enough for me
Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I have played the game maybe five times, and I still find new things to do. The last play through I found a witch, the creepy cave, among other things. And I still haven't found this Shadow Lord Inubis yet. I would really suggest playing again, with a different guild. The game changes quite a bit.
And depending on how much you explore, I would say maybe 20 hours or so.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:28 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

Where is the witch and the creepy cave? I have never seen that before! Or are you talking about Sagitta?
In case you want to find good 'ole Inubis:
Spoiler:
He's in a tomb in the woods near the mercenary camp. Find the tomb with the switches on the walls, and go down into the scary depths.

If you want to gain a whole bunch of levels and you're already pretty tough, I highly reccomend seeking him out.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:24 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

uh little remarque: chapter 5 is not really long but it isn'tthe last. There are 6 chapters
that crypt? I went down once, died and never dared to return again
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:24 pm
Krissern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So i guess Angar still has an headace then... since the hero with no name was to much of a coward to go down that crypt and get his ring.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:36 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Krissern
So i guess Angar still has an headace then... since the hero with no name was to much of a coward to go down that crypt and get his ring.

the crypt behind the cahep at Ovar's farm?
i cleaned it out i dont remeber finding a ring....
ANgar is my buddy in the lower vally between Xardas tower and the town right?
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:59 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think Krissern and Titus are talking about two different places. The crypt with the shadow lord in it is in the New World. The crypt with Angar's ring is in the VoM.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:55 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by CIACinderella
I think Krissern and Titus are talking about two different places. The crypt with the shadow lord in it is in the New World. The crypt with Angar's ring is in the VoM.

oh yeah i went there too ...but for soem reason my PC almost crashed it went down to 2FPS i barely made it out alive lolll but wasnt it an amulet and not a ring?
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:50 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Actually the cave I found was really close to the bandit camp near the farm. It is like a mine, I went there because a map I had said that there were Dragon Eggs there. Basically every room I went to sealed up on me and legions upon legions of undead rose to attack. I even found tons of dead ends that undead raise up behind you when you go there, basically making you fight an army to get out. I was like level 25 and I still got killed there easily. I just ran in, found the nearest egg and ran out, that was like one corridor away. To get there, just follow the cliff around when you are at the bandit camp, I don't remember the location perfectly, I never went back, but it is around there somewhere.
@CIACinderella: Can you give some more specific directions? I looked through the woods quite a bit and never found anything other then forest. Use, say, the small tomb that is right next to the farm house as a starting point.(Anything involving dead terrifies me to no end in Gothic. It is the only game that does that. But I still get a thrill killing them off.) And yes, I was talking about Saggita .
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:42 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

So I am not the only one who thinks the undead in Gothic are far better, scarier and more dangerous then the undead in other RPG's I´m not sure what causes this, maybe it´s the atmosphere of the caves or the !@#$ fast and deadly attacks of the skeleton warriors. Or would it be the terrible sound you hear when you destry a zombie? Fact is the Gothic undead are best of the genre
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:59 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next