Two serious questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
R@ven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Two serious questions

Hello fellow adventurers.I have two questions conserning the game.
1) There are missions for touring arround with a TL ship.I just bought one and tryied to get assigned for the mission.The result was that the guy that gave me the ok for the mission at the exact next moment (or message if you want) was saying to me that i couldn`t left them there it is not in the deal and sh.... like that.I don`t get it.Did i miss something?I mean i took the mission alright with the right ship so what is the problem with this guy?How i suppose to take him (or them) with me?Do i have to do something more than accepting the mission?

2) The trade software mk III when can i buy it and from where?I already have the mk I,II but i cannot program my ships to do the business without me since i don`t have the mk III.

could you help me, pretty please?
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:05 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

From memory, the Mk3 is available from TC headquarters, if you have installed that update. I'm not sure I understand the problem you are having with the touring mission. A jumpdrive is an asset when doing them though. I thought you needed TP's for tours!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:29 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

I think Corwin is right - do you mean a TP? A TL is rather expensive. For the MkIII trader, make sure you have it installed - it was released as a separate download when one of the of the patches was released (1.2 I think?).
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:48 am
R@ven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry the same mistake again....Aghhhhhhhh!!!
Yes a TP class/Argon Express.
I`ll try to find the mk III and download it.Thanks.
Till then what if i put mkI,II in my freighters would that let me give them directions for automatic trade too?
Ok the prob with the tour mission is that the guy that gives me this mission sends me two messages.
The first says something like `good you are quilified pilot for the mission` and the second that comes exactly after the first says `What?You are leaving us here?This is unacceptable blah blah blah...` and doesn`t let me go on with the mission....!!!I`m trying to find out why is that happening.And i have a jumpdrive on my TP.
Thanx guys
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:38 pm
Dhruin

I don't know about the TP problem, sorry.

On the Traders, only MkIII will auto-trade. The other two are for fetching/selling stuff from a home-base factory and not free autotrading.
Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:02 am
corwin

Just had a thought. You may not have sufficient cargo space free to take the passengers. They count as cargo.

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:13 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Insufficient space can come up with

'insufficient space'
'what? how dare you leave us here!'

and my favorite

'what's going on? our sensors have just shown the cessassion of life signs of 100 passengers? you better hope that was an incompotent accident and not deliberate or you will be hunted down for the mass murderer you are!'

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:05 pm
R@ven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So now what?

Ok guys have everything straight up and running. Almost everything. I bought a Boron TP class ship to make the tour.The fact is that all the passengers are now aboard and i have made my first two jumps in two sectors.But nobody told anything about money.Should i do something else,should i wait or should i keep go on till someone pays me? What is the deal? Do i have to go to special sectors or something?
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:21 pm
corwin

Just keep jumping and cover as many sectors as you can before you're told to go home. You get paid at the end.

Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In 1.3 you don't get paid for jumped sectors ... well, you do... but it's 10% of what they promised per sector. It's a TOUR mission, not a "If you look out your right window you'll see the 18 Billion system... and now take a quick peek at PTNI Headquarters. Stunning isn't it? And now Black Hole sun for 10 seconds."

Tourists don't have the same level of ADD that we players have developed.

Just cruise as long as you can ... typically around three or four sectors... and jump home when they tell you they're done for the day.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:24 pm
R@ven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That`s cool...Thank u.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:19 pm