Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Boron sector patrol has it in for me and other stuff!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Boron sector patrol has it in for me and other stuff!

I lost my saved games when I reinstalled XP recently so now I don't have my Ody or my 30 or so factories, : ( But I've started again and now have a Pegasus and a Iguana. So the firs thing is that somehow I hit a Hydra Rolks Fate I think it was when gunning down some pirates. Now it cons red every time I'm in the sector. Is there someway to make it like me again? Also anytime I engage it the other Hydras get fired up and target me. I don't really need to be in that system much so all is good but would like to get that straightened out one way or another.. Anyways, is anyone using the Iguana as a cap ship? I've been using it and it seems to work ok so far. Two GPAC and a Ion up front with a GPAC or Ion in the tail. Pretty heavily armed and shielded for a TP and blazing fast. Can't really see replacing it for a M3 either at this time unless I get a Nova for assasination missions. Rather just save up and grab a Osprey or another M6 for that though. Anyone else dissappointed in the bulletin board missions. If you have an M5 you can't make enough to pay for hull damage even. M4 missions are far and few. Think the bulletin board kinda sucks. When I started, managed to cap a Bay in the Disco pretty easily so used it until I got the Iguana. Haven't bought a station yet but am going to start picking them up pretty soon. Scouting the known universe for a good location. Want somewhere close to my capping grounds. Something out in the frontier a bit. Probably Argon sector though, can't stand the other races much but like their ships. They gonna get a war someday and teach em some manners! Another thing I been doing is stocking up on Mosquitos and targeting inbound missiles with them. They work wonders on Hornets. Will start arming my capital ships with them and that will be my job during battles. Captain and missile defence officer. Would be cool to have a script to target inbound missiles and fire Mosquitos in defence. Sorta dissappointed that there are no hard to find, random ship upgrades. Things that could turn your frieghter into something a littler faster and more deadly. Things that you don't always get and are random. Would be super cool. Also the bulletin board missions need help. Someone should be able to make a living with a M5 if they wanted to..
Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:41 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Those space taxi missions are great money makers once your rank increases. I've made over 100k a stop before.

It doesn't take a huge rank to get each stop to pay 5000 or more... and in a pegasus it's blazingly fast money (I run my empire from that little ship's driver seat it seems sometimes). So it's *possible* to play the game using an M5 only... but so very dull.

As for the sector patrol... bite the bullet and blow him up. That's the only way to get rid of the nuisance. It's a hydra so it's basically helpless. The computer never forgets when you've hit them enough to turn them hostile... and is quick to seek revenge whenever it sees anything that belongs to you (I had a 'red' teladi M4 make a beeline for, and attack, my Titan. I give him an 11 out 10 for guts but a -5,000,000 out of 10 for brains.

Turning off the sector patrol, saving, reloading, turning on the sector patrol, saving, and reloading *might* reset the sector patrol hostility flags as an alternative to blowing the Moron to space dust.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:55 pm