RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stealing not dying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Stealing not dying

My Ninja got PP 97, Dext100 and Speed 60(+20)
I got a big, serious and annoying problem with PP and stealing. I'm just tired of reloading.I got 2 Dragon Kites and Amulets. And tens of reloads. I think it's not worth it.
Somebody said once there might be some sort of bug...
I got the patch(damn I wish I wouldn't have had to install it)...What kind of improvement am I going to get then? Still I'm not fond of PP, just wanted to see what I got. Not much though.
I'm L16-17 , pretty wealthy (400 grand) and I think/hope I wouldn't need PP in the future. Other opinions?
Tks all
Ridica doar degetul mijlociu!"

I'm BAD!
Post Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:36 am
otter
One of Us

Welcome to RPGDot!
If you apply the lates patch, 1.2.4, you make it so the merchants notice if you pp them often, even if you succeed. (i think it's in a day or so)
Plus, when you first meet an NPC, your number of tries before a bust is fixed, and won't change by reloading. It'll only change if your PP or level goes up.
If you mix a lot of potions, you can get lot of bux.
For a party with 3 tanks and 3 not-so-tanks, i'd recommend about a mil and a half if you want everyone to get what they want at Ferro's.
There's a few really nice things to PP everywhere you go. If i'm playing with PP, i don't patch until i'm set for the Peak.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:02 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey Otter
Tks for your help

The fact that the number of tries resets each time you level-up is totally new to me.However PP appears kinda disappointing to me... I hate PP and stealing. Instead of that I'll focus on mixing potions. I have plenty of portals so I can switch rapidly between merchants.

Now here comes the funny part: By mistake I saved my game without knowing He'li and Lorrac were both dead. Anyway He'li was pretty dumb and useless. I hope I won't regret her more than now. But that bitch, Lorrac, was a real treasure for me. Her summons were pure gold. I wish I could revive her somehow

Strange thing...I'm afraid my team have become a little too powerful. I hope that won't affect the fun I have right now with this party CoC, Spear of Death, Mystic Spear, Spiked Spear, Enchanted Bow (it's unbelievable but this nice one I've PP from Burz) But I need a better sword (Bloodlust&Co are no good) Diamond Epee is better than all the swords I've met till now.

My English being so far from good, I'm not real sure I could figure out what "booze" refers to. That's why I don't use Ale and some kind of related potions...I tried once and the result was Nausea and Hex (damn I'm so insistent sometimes). Rather confusing huh?

At the category 'useless notions' I could add Charming. It helped just once when Saxx was -oh!- so blue...Using a certain Amulet(Int +20) didn't help either.

'night all

And tks !

I'm BAD!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:30 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel
Strange thing...I'm afraid my team have become a little too powerful. I hope that won't affect the fun I have right now with this party CoC, Spear of Death, Mystic Spear, Spiked Spear, Enchanted Bow (it's unbelievable but this nice one I've PP from Burz) But I need a better sword (Bloodlust&Co are no good) Diamond Epee is better than all the swords I've met till now.
Fang can be found in the SE Wilderness. It's an excellent sword. The Ivory Blade that Ferro will build for you is also excellent. There are others, but many of them are random drops that sometimes won't show up in a game at all.
quote:
My English being so far from good, I'm not real sure I could figure out what "booze" refers to. That's why I don't use Ale and some kind of related potions...I tried once and the result was Nausea and Hex (damn I'm so insistent sometimes). Rather confusing huh?
"booze"=alcohol, liquor, and such
Knowing that, the effects seem rather appropriate, yes?

BTW, your English is great.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:31 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

2 other excellent swords:
1) Excaliber (Bayjin shallows)
2) Blade Cuisinart (Rapax castle)
Sword of hearts is also good, but not quite up to those standards and I can't remember where you find it.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:11 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
2 other excellent swords:
1) Excaliber (Bayjin shallows)
2) Blade Cuisinart (Rapax castle)
Sword of hearts is also good, but not quite up to those standards and I can't remember where you find it.
Don't think I've ever been offerred any of these. My drops from Nessie and the pirate ghosts have been uniformly lousy...
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:58 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

This is why I enter the shallows from the Umpani sea caves, that way if I don't get what I want from Nessie and the locker, I just reload, take a short swim and kill her again.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:52 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

First time through I didn't get Excaliber. It was from the pirate ghosts beyond Nessie.
Blade Cuisinart though I think is a fixed thing. It's in the chest in the room next to the one-way portal to Arnika.
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:52 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Dteowner, could you please offer me an example of combat situation when someone uses Booze spell? (maybe I'm dumber than the legal limit but pls make it clear to me )

I know that Sword of Hearts is dropped by some freaky Rapax in Southern Wilderness. But I ain't got the guts to head to those funny babes. Yet...
Fang and Excaliber? I know them. But Blade Cuisinart? (???) Can this item be always picked up? I did Rapax Castle once (in a previous game) but I didn't see it anywhere... Are you sure, Bilbo, that's a fixed thing?
Anyway I'm looking for a blade of precision. That's why I appreciate so much this adorable Diamond Epee :p

PS: What about Wizardry9? Does anybody know anything?

I'm BAD!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:34 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Dteowner, could you please offer me an example of combat situation when someone uses Booze spell? (maybe I'm dumber than the legal limit but pls make it clear to me )
It's not something you can use. The various alcohol-potions aren't really intended to be used. They are in the game solely for realism (He'li can't run a tavern without selling drinks, right?) and humor.
quote:
PS: What about Wizardry9? Does anybody know anything?
Sir-tech is no longer in business. While they sold the rights to their Jagged Alliance series to Strategy First, I don't think they've signed any deals on the Wizardry series. Well, that's not quite true- they licensed some company in Japan to do one game (for Gamecube, IIRC) using the Wizardry universe. The development team has scattered to new jobs, so it would be very difficult to put together the same team that did such an excellent job with Wiz8 (even if Sir-tech was still developing games).
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:34 pm
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sir-Tech are out of business? That's real bad news...
I have no ideea about Jagged Alliance. I've just heard of it, that's all. Concerning Strategy First well, these guys must be some sort of dream team. Look what they did with Disciples2. I love it.
'Wizardry' in Japan? Odd... Do you happen to know the site of this company?

I'm BAD!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:58 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Took some digging, but I think this is it:

http://www.atlus.co.jp/cs/game/pstation2/busin/index.html

(Sorry, it's in Japanese, but maybe you can find more info using this as a starting point)

In a visit from the Twilight Zone (they heard me talking about them...), check out today's news here at RPGDot!
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:34 pm
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Tks Dteowner.

Been there. IMO that site is a shame and someone should interdict them to use the word 'wizardry' in that context. It's disgusting and -how ironic- these guys don't seem to realize they'll never get the spirit they need to continue Wizardry.
Plus they don't have the minimum decency to make an English version for the site. These things speak for themselves

I'm BAD!
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:24 am
otter
One of Us

Pvt Panrack (Flag guard) and Sgt Bildublu (behind the bar) both have Sword of Hearts for the PP'ing (or killing, but their drop lists are so long, it'd take you more reloads than those nice shields you got). If you have a Sam, Bushido is dropped by Raven Rapax about 33%. (hardly any reloading, and all you have to do is save before pushing the switch, and walk over to check the bag), and Muramasa is in the Queen's chest around 25%; there's a little walking to reload that one, but if you're a Templar, it's quick.
You don't have to kill Nessie to get to DJ Locker. If you're stealthy and reload until she's facing away, you can come out of the Beyjin tunnel and drop down between the rocks before she sees you. Use Chameleon, and don't have Light active.
If you have a Mook or 2, the SE wilds also has the Giant's Sword, the only Extended range swd in the game, and 2 are always available as drops.
Cuisinart is NOT there very often; it's rarer than Muramasa.
Sir-tech has made an announcement; there's a link in the Check Out The News thread.
Booze is a nice thing to give NPC's
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:12 am
Daniel
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Panrack is dead, maybe I'll try that with Bildublu. Killed Raven but no Bushido gotten. Unfortunately.
Shame on me, I never thought of turning off the light. It's good to learn new things By the way, what's the use of the torch? Since Light2 is specified, I suppose there might be some sort of use for this item.

PS: My almighty party cut and eaten by 3 Spiders and 4 Bats. How's possible to be humiliated just like that since Magic Screen was on? (Oh, I forgot: they paralized me first then cut me to pieces). This kind of defeat definitely hurts...

I'm BAD!
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:15 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next