Usergroups
Sleeper Temple and Invincible Templar
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Alexvn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, Im really stuck here. Already killed three shamans (the one in the room with three switches and two lesser demons, the second with the Pyrikonesis spell and the third in the room with the undeground chamber with four mummies). Now I'm in the room with the first Invincible templar. I've already opened the grid behind the templar, but how should I kill him???

Seems to me there is some part of the temple hidden from me, but I can't figure out how to get there.

Please help!
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:35 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Ok hold on...

The first INVINCIBLE templar is someone you dont meet unless you have sneaked by the first INVINCIBLE Shaman... This Shaman is met after you have passed a long bridge. (he is standing on a set of stairs).

Now, if you have got THAT far (wich you shouldnt, since you should kill a fourth shaman before getting that far), hit the invincible shaman a couple of times and the Character will tell you something like "Ooops, cannot hurt him".

The Fourth and most important Shaman is in a 'island' in the Lava. This 'Island' can only be reached after using three switches that you find in rooms around the island. After defeating him you will find a sword on an Altar. Grab this sword.

After you have the Sword + realizing that the Fifth Shaman is invincible, return all the way back to the Necromantican and talk to him.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 9:08 pm

I'm at the same spot. I never remember running over a long bridge?! where is it exactly?
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:32 am

Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

actually you don't have to use the switches to get the bridge to work, I use my acrobatics to jump that far. though it sure sucked jumping off corners of island trying to find one I could survive and not fall into the lava

[ This Message was edited by: Digital Pimp on 2001-12-17 02:54 ]
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:53 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Anonymous
---------
If you havnt seen the long bridge, you have not met the invinclible shaman & Templar.

Once you met the first of the two you are told that "oh, my weapon did no damage, better get out of here".

Then you'd better be sure you found that magic 2h sword that lied on a altar next to one of the shamans.

Take it to Xardas.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:13 am

I see, I'm confused because in your original post, you said you should meet the 4th shaman *before* the invincible templar. I'v openned the gate behind the templar, but I've been running around looking for the 4th shaman which I thought was before the invicible templar.

So the 4th shaman is behind the templar to the right, but I should find a sword before I meet the Templar?
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:44 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Anonymous
---------

I think the confusing part here is that there is a Templar that SAY that he is invincible, and that there are a Templar that really IS invincible, and you have only met the one that SAY that he is invincible... (wich is the one guarding the gate) =)

I was a bit confused there, sorry.

The fourth Shaman is found on a island surrounded with Lava.
In the same location you also find a strange sword on an altar.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:45 am
Viking
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I dont know where your looking at a Invinceble shaman because I killed both of them and took the sword bake to Xdreus.
Post Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:56 pm

I think the invincible templar that you are talking about is the one that SAYS he is invincible. I had this same problem. You can kill him, you just have to have a REALLY powerfull sword, or magic (wave of ice with storm of fire) I ended up replaying the whole game when I got here, my weapon wasent powerfull enough and I didn't have any magic.
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:38 am

Jana
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I messed up and shrunk into a mealbug to get through one of the gates in the temple.. now I am stuck with no saves Are there any cheats to get me out of the slepper temple?
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:31 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Yes. Enter marvin mode near the gate to the outside and press K to teleport forward.

To enter marvin mode, bring up your stats screen and type marvin, then close your stats screen. The K button sends you 2 meters forward.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:37 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

I did the same thing. I just went back to my backup save. It's a good idea to make a backup save.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:12 pm