Legends II
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Legends II

I bought Legends II the other day. The story I bought it for ("The Sworn Sword" by G.R.R. Martin) wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But the worst part is that they made the book girly purple. I almost didn't buy it. I don't mind buying dorky things, but purple things is a whole nother matter.

The store was busy so I decided to wait for it to slow down before I would have to shamefully walk up to the counter with my girly purple book. But it got busier and busier the longer I waited. Finally I said &%$$# it, and waited in line. Everyone gave me looks sympathy like they could see the estrogin coursing through my sissy purple book buying viens. It was very shameful and humiliating, I almost ran out of the store crying.

Why on God's green earth would you ever make a fantasy writter compilation purple? Or even worse--girly purple. I guess there really is no manly purple, but dark purple is better than the purple the book was. It was kind of a flowery pinkish purple. What has the world come to?

Anyway, there is some good stories in the book. Fiest's story waqs better this time. Tad Williams did a Otherworld story, and Niel Gamien did one from the modern day gods series. Hobb and Brooks are in it also. Seems pretty good so far, I recommend males sending there wives, moms, sisters, girlfriends, or female friend to get it though.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:05 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's all a feminist plot to undermine men and make them girlie boys!

That, or the designer just likes purple.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 6:18 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Maybe that book company makes all their books different colors so that illiterate people can find them on the shelf.

-vaticide
Post Mon May 03, 2004 8:31 pm