Walking animation
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Aram
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Walking animation

Hello, I've been playing with goman and I finally have a proper templar character. One problem, he still walks like a robot.

I'm curious if it is possible to change the animation so the hero walks with his arms folded like the other templars. I've located the animation files but I have no idea what is what or how to change anything. Any tip or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Post Sun May 01, 2005 3:33 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k Aram, you need to do some marvin mode work, here goes....

(1) Select the npc you wish your new guy to walk like, then possess him (o) then, enter command: *hero export guy1* - then possess back to your original pc-hero. Now, do the same again with pc-hero, - *hero export me* - (or any word,letter or digit) then exit gothic.
Using a text editor, (notepad is o.k) open each of the above zen files (in your gothic folder) and compare the relative info's noting particular the different entry for "attitude" and any "overlay" - we must make that part of "guy1" zen, and change it to be the same as in the "me" zen file - exactly to correspond, then save.
Start up gothic again, load save game and in marvin, while in possession of "me" enter the command: hero import me, all of the complete game attributes you have altered, and there are many possibilities as you will now come to realise, will be instantly changed, the attitude will be as you selected, always have a permanent save game in case things go wrong.
The limitations of this editing the zen files are endless, to the in game data itself.
Dont forget, whatever is in the zen file is what you will get.
You could for example, using this method, have several followers each with there own individual characteristics to assist you in the game! - You could have a two handed sword in one hand and so on.
This will work on multiple characters or monsters, so inserting a meatbug and hero import works fine.

Good luck.
Post Sun May 01, 2005 11:44 am
Aram
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Wulf, I would have never figured that out. In case of any future reference Notepad was a mess, I used TextPad and it worked fine.

Thanks again.
Post Sun May 01, 2005 4:50 pm