Finished - gripes and favorite part
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Finished - gripes and favorite part

I put this in the spoilers because I mention some things that some people might not have got to. I thought the game was great - especially at $29.95. Once you reach the wastelands though, and get to the blank ring fortress, it gets pretty stupid. I mean, I'm not the best player in the world, yet I was so powerful by then that roaming through five different mazes to kill the member (who would only blind/hell spike you to death) was just annoying. I found myself running through each one just to get the freaks out of the way so I could get to the end. And then the Demon of Lies was just too easy. Finally, what the hell was that end movie? Carry the baby out and some statue drops on Zandalor. Even if that makes sense in some way that I can't possibly see, at least not upon first thought (I have yet to ponder of the nonsense for more than two minutes) I expected more. My favorite part was the beginning of the wastelands and the two orcs talking. I don't have an infantile sense of humor really, but the shaman pissing in his pants killed me. Heheh.

Overall - great game. I'd recommend it to anyone for 30 bucks. At least it's killing time until Gothic 2 gets here.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:49 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

HEY!!

That's MY avatar!!!!

Just kidding
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:23 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

The ending didn't quite match the rest of the game but as I recall Larian were fairly open about the development situation. They had originally planned for the game to finish when the char reached Divinity, but decided in the end it needed a grand finale. I think they had run out of funds by that stage and the ending ended up a little rushed (this is my recollection of various Larian forum threads).
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:42 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Dhruin is basically correct, especially about them running out of time and money which is why the last section is so lame. I've just answered the statue question in another thread, so I won't do it again. My favourite part, is still the two philosophical skeletons discussing why they shouldn't be able to move or talk. When I saw that in the demo, I just knew I had to buy that game. Loved it.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:45 am