EVE Online...is it any good?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
jeffreyu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

EVE Online...is it any good?

Someone posted EVE . I only saw the trailer actually. Im thinking of buying the game but I don't want to just put my money on it. Is it either to get the free trial first or get your comments about EVE. How was it? Is the Environment in there is as good as the one I saw on the trailer? I heard the tutorial is long, is it worth it? How about the community is it helpfull? That all hope somebody could answer this one.. thanks!
Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:07 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok , first of get the free trail, you can get 14 days for free, second this is a great space Rpg, that let's you customise your char(the captain of the vessel so to speak) and your ship, the skill system is time base, not use base(basically you can buy skills and train them but that takes time) so in order to get the best ship you are going to have to spend at least 2 months or so in the game, also there is no queue for skill training I found it problamitcal.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:58 pm
jeffreyu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok i did the free trial thing and now im stumped!The graphics are dropdead spectacular. I have never before or since seen such an array of cosmic beauty.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes, the graphics are wicked for a space game. Very science fiction.

I loved EVE but I didn't play long. It takes a lot of 'farming' (by way of asteroid mining) to get going in crafting or simply to buy things. I liked asteroid mining... it was fun... and I was quickly able to get a Cruiser... but the price difference between cruiser and battleship was insane.

I figured it would take me six months to get a battleship. In a MMO six months isn't bad for basically 'high level'... but I felt it would be too long with only a few minor changes. I like dynamic character growth... new levels, new weapons, new skills. In EVE this is all 'new skills' (and you don't even have to play to level them - I liked that) after you get a Cruiser... so the drive just wasn't there for me.

The missions, while fun, were incredibly repetitive. I killed a pirate with the exact same name 7 times in one session once.

"Jeez, man... how many trips to the clone bank did you pay for?" *blam blam blam booooom*.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:01 am
jeffreyu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey what about this news i read awhile ago about Eve breaking the record again for the most users online at the same time. Somewhere around 17 or 18 thousand for one server? thats quite impressive. is that possible???
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:34 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

yes it is, and there are usually 10k players around on the eve server.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:40 am
jeffreyu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

impressive. all the more i wanna play eve even on my nappy times ,im still playing for free though and if im lucky, im planning to subscribe for about a month or two and see if it's still FUN.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:35 am