RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
astasenko

Morrowind FPS optimizer

If you,

* can't "afford" playing Morrowind with all options maxed but want more;
* want to get more from the game by setting some options beyond their
game default maximum values.

go to www.morrowind.nm.ru and get utility that satisfy these wishes.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:37 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Just downloading it to see if it is "kosher"
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:49 pm
Swift Wind

THANK YOU

I just wanna say WOW. Thanks for this optimizer i have noticed a incredible difference my stuttering in balmora is damn near gone.If it was 100% stutter before its like 10% now and better. When i got off the boat after starting a new character i would always get a stutter also and that was completely gone i shit you not i even moved my mouse over areas i had extreme stutter and was completely amazed to not see it anymore. Although i was sceptical you have proven me wrong this is GREAT. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:51 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Hm. I can't share your praise. Not at all.

Actually, the program does nothing. It doesn't react when you press the hotkeys, it doesn't change the view distance at all, and most of all, it doesn't improve anything. At least not for me.

I wonder what it REALLY does...

Please handle with care.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:02 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I will test it also and report results.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:08 pm
Swift Wind

Optimizer

Hmmm thats wierd the buttons work fine for me and it changes the distance and all it says it does its doing fine for me. Sorry to hear that from you. I love it and it does everything i posted above flawlessly. TRY AGAIN
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:19 pm

Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It doesn't work for me too, but i realy like the idea. Maybe it's because the program doesn't work on WinXP?

@Rendelius: Hey, don't be so sceptically
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:21 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Would someone care to check if those three IP's are identical?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:31 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Different ones.

I don't say this is a trojan or something, I am just saying it is not working on my rack. But OTOH, I have nice results in 1600x1200 with 2x FSAA and view distance maxed anyhow
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:37 pm
Swift Wind

Maybe this is why

By the way my system is a PII 466mhz /geforce 2 mx 400 64mb / win 98 SE / and 320 sdram. And a final note this does work for me i know because i removed it and bam right back to stutters. Reinstalled same as my post above. The game ran well before and it runs a thousand times better to me with this. Also i started a new game to test it and im flying around Balmora with little to no stuttering.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:22 pm

Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I actually read the included reame-file and I think it's realy a great idea how this tool works (or how it should work). Duh! The author deserved more than some silly suspicions that his program could be a trojan.

I hope that he releases a version that works on Win2000/XP too. Since Swift Wind is using Win98 I assume this to be the cause...
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:31 pm
Swift Wind

A little info

Also this doesnt start itself. You actually have to click on the exe to open it then start morrowind this will run in the background behind morrowind and you actually have to assign your hotkeys manually beforehand. Although just starting it then starting morrowind without making hotkeys or even using them You still see the performance boost i stated above.

This was my initial steps after i downloaded it.
1 I clicked on the .exe file and it brought up a little window.
2. I started morrowind and played as usual.
3 Incredible improvement on stuttering and just looking around i threw my view distance to the highest setting through morrowinds normal options and still awesome performance compared to before i tried this optimizer.
4 I hope this helps anyone.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:29 am

Timothius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The concept of adjusting the viewrange dynamically according to your performance is brilliant! Most scenes where the game slows down significantly is in town, what means between houses which decrease your sight anyway. Or during a battle - no need for a far sight at that moment. But if you're traveling across the land you can enjoy a realy great outlook - even much more than the games default maximum viewrange!

Now if it just worked with WinXP
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:53 am
Swift Wind

Yeah i Agree Timothius

It for some reason seems that if you just start it and its running behind MW like i stated above it seems to optimize the rendering distance on the fly. What i mean is if i just start it and then start morrowind it seems to take the total rendering distance and bring it in and out on the fly in order to keep my fps at a steady rate of 15 to 20 (which can be made higher or lower) in turn eliminating lots of stutter. For instance in balmora when you get off the Silt Strider theres alot of stutter because of all the crap you can see in the distance well it doesnt change your view distance it just seems to eliminate the rendering of the distant objects even though you can still see them until your near them. I could be totally wrong here but my stuttering is damn near gone and gone in places where i had these stuttering problems, i can actually throw my mouse from left to right in these places and get no lag/stutter. And my fps doesnt jump from 20 to 3 and 4 and back it stays constantly at 15 to 20 with those values set. I havent tried setting these values higher im just going off the programs initial setup.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:06 am

REDF0X

I got a 404
Might just be this computer though, The connection here is a little iffy. I can only seem to be able to access half of the internet on any give day.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:03 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next