RPGDot Network    

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
the easter egg dungeons
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

the easter egg dungeons

ok i looked through a walkthrough page, and it told me how to do the graveyard dungeon thing. so i did it. It was reasonably cool... I guess....

But theres no point to it! The whole thing is just a confusing maze and i cant figure out to get out.

Is there anything in the easter egg dungeons thats important or even good? I think Im just going to have to go to an old save game and skip it for a while if there isnt because i just cant figure out how to get out.
Post Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:30 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There are good maps available for those dungeons. Without them, it's incredibly tough to get around. The map site is in our FAQ- sorry, I'm too lazy to link it for you tonight.

The dungeons serve two purposes. To the gamer that played the older Wizardry games, it's sort of a "remember when" gift- cheesy graphics, and better have your graph paper nearby. To the rest of us, it's a nice source of XP and a couple good items.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:00 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

They're a bit of retro fun, but I only did two of them and then gave up. Far too many other things to do in the game and far too many different parties I wanted to try playing with.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:32 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You didn't skip the mountain wilderness one, did you? That's the best (and most difficult) of the three for fun AND loot.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:10 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

All of the retro dungeons are them same in 1 regard - mushroom patches are teleporters, including 1 (or more) that will get you out. Nothing in the dungeons that are critical, although Dteowner correctly points out the Mountain Wilderness one does have good stuff. Depending on the dungeon, a few nice items. I skipped the dungeons first time through - I couldn't even figure out how to get in them without a walkthrough, although I did find 2 of the 3 sets of runes. Second time through, I did all 3 dungeons with maps from a walkthrough. They were fun (not the funnest part of the game, but nothing to detract from it), and can be completed relatively quickly with the maps.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:43 pm
John373
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: the easter egg dungeons

I came out of the cemetery dungeon with a bit of a headache because my computer couldn't handle so many monsters in one place at the same time. Talk about strobe-light effects! So I tried to dispatch them as soon as possible, but then they kept respawning...

But one thing was really weird: the location of monsters, according to the map, didn't seem to coincide with the play screen. At times they were on top or below me, even within the walls. I wondered, then, if I was looking at an upstairs view...but according to the map I got from the website it's all one level.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:02 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The automap does not function properly in the egg dungeons. It's a little screwy unless you cast X-ray, which makes it downright messy. This was an intentional design decision- Sir-Tech wanted to remind you of the "good old days" prior to automaps.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:59 pm